Awhile back I was tagged by Damien Riley to participate in his meme on 8 things I know. When I was first tagged with this meme, I starred the post in my RSS reader and kept putting it on my To-Do list to write my own version of 8 things I know. Unfortunately, I kept putting it off and time kept slipping away.
Tonight I decided to sit down and think about some of the things that I have learned in my 31+ years and to finally complete the meme that Damien was kind enough to tag me with. Since it has taken me so long to complete this list, I’ve decided to toss in a few bonus things that I have learned along the way.
8 Things I Know (Plus a few extra just because)
- Always give your best effort.
- Tell those close to you that you love them regularly as you never know when they may be taken from you.
- Respect all people equally.
- It is not worth the effort to hold a grudge, forgiveness is divine.
- Who you know opens many doors.
- Everyone has the potential for great success.
- Do not fear failure or mistakes as success is not possible without them.
- The road less traveled holds many rewards.
- Your kids idolize you whether you know it or not.
- Play with your kids every chance you get, you’ll both cherish this time together.
Rather than tag an additional 8 people to continue this meme, I would just like to encourage you to think about some of the things that you have learned in your lifetime. If you feel inclined to post about it on your website, I’d love to have you share a link in the comments below to share your wisdom.
Thanks again Damien for including me in your original list!