While attending SOBCon08, I had an opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and meet a wealth of truly remarkable people.
Throughout the weekend’s activities, one theme that continued to present itself is that we have the power within us to achieve anything. As you will see in the posts highlighted below, we are often our own worst enemy as our minds impose artificial limits on what we think we can do.
We need to stop limiting ourselves with negative thoughts and trust in our abilities, as the power is within all of us to achieve the grandest of goals.
1. Have you heard the saying that you are what you eat? Well, Darren Rowse recently discussed the idea that what we say is what we are and that many bloggers have blogger inferiority complex. This is something that I have been guilty of myself but I am making an effort to eliminate, as I know that the success that I envision is within me.
2. Chris Garrett shared the magic ingredient that separates dream from ambition. It sounds too simplistic but there is so much truth in the fact that making the decision to take action leads us to the life we want. As I’ve discussed on my personal finance blog, not until I truly made the decision to eliminate my debt did I achieve the success I had wanted for so long.
3. Terry Starbucker offers further inspiration as he relates chicken tikka masala and the power of the individual. Terry reinforces that we all have the power within us to make huge changes happen as long as we don’t allow fear to hold us captive.
4. After listening to Wendy Piersall’s moving presentation at SOBCon08, Brian Clark opened himself to the Copyblogger audience as he shared the secret of life. From a near-death experience, Brian awoke with a newfound clarity and realized his mind was creating false limitations.
5. Gary Lee recently shared 20 ways to pay it forward offline to work towards his own dream to do something that will impact the world in a positive manner. The amazing thing about performing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return is that we are often able to learn something extremely valuable about ourselves in the process.
Please take some time to read through all of these posts, as I truly believe that the power is within all of us to live the dreams that we have and these people do a fine job of illustrating that belief.
The Power Is Within You!