Speedlinking – The Power Within You

by derek on May 12, 2008 · 13 comments

While attending SOBCon08, I had an opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and meet a wealth of truly remarkable people.

Throughout the weekend’s activities, one theme that continued to present itself is that we have the power within us to achieve anything. As you will see in the posts highlighted below, we are often our own worst enemy as our minds impose artificial limits on what we think we can do.

We need to stop limiting ourselves with negative thoughts and trust in our abilities, as the power is within all of us to achieve the grandest of goals.

1. Have you heard the saying that you are what you eat? Well, Darren Rowse recently discussed the idea that what we say is what we are and that many bloggers have blogger inferiority complex. This is something that I have been guilty of myself but I am making an effort to eliminate, as I know that the success that I envision is within me.

2. Chris Garrett shared the magic ingredient that separates dream from ambition. It sounds too simplistic but there is so much truth in the fact that making the decision to take action leads us to the life we want. As I’ve discussed on my personal finance blog, not until I truly made the decision to eliminate my debt did I achieve the success I had wanted for so long.

3. Terry Starbucker offers further inspiration as he relates chicken tikka masala and the power of the individual. Terry reinforces that we all have the power within us to make huge changes happen as long as we don’t allow fear to hold us captive.

4. After listening to Wendy Piersall’s moving presentation at SOBCon08, Brian Clark opened himself to the Copyblogger audience as he shared the secret of life. From a near-death experience, Brian awoke with a newfound clarity and realized his mind was creating false limitations.

5. Gary Lee recently shared 20 ways to pay it forward offline to work towards his own dream to do something that will impact the world in a positive manner. The amazing thing about performing an act of kindness without expecting anything in return is that we are often able to learn something extremely valuable about ourselves in the process.

Please take some time to read through all of these posts, as I truly believe that the power is within all of us to live the dreams that we have and these people do a fine job of illustrating that belief.

The Power Is Within You!

Joe May 12, 2008 at 9:42 pm

I will have to spend sometime on these links. Thanks for the inspiring post. Rock on man!

Ling May 12, 2008 at 11:49 pm

I read the first link from problogger, and I have to say that it’s a fine line between being able to laugh at yourself on your blog, and projecting an inferiority complex. The former is funny, the latter turns people off by making them think your opinions don’t matter. Guess you just shouldn’t do it all the time, just when the sutuation warrants it.

Ling’s last blog post..Austin, Texas and Food, a Beautiful Combination!

Furniture Store May 13, 2008 at 12:22 am

Those sound like some very interesting posts, am going to read all of them, thanks for collating the list.

Cesar May 13, 2008 at 1:05 am

Those are really interesting links. I mostly like “blogger inferiority complex”. I am reading the rest now. Thanks.

By the way, would you please fix something for me? I am in the list of your top commentator but the link point to my old website that I sold. I have been commenting with new URL this month(bluetechnews.com). Thank you

Cesar’s last blog post..The New Olympus E-520 dSLR is announced

Home Recording Studio May 13, 2008 at 8:50 am

A while ago, you had posted about your experience with The power of Attraction. I was hoping that you would continue on the subject and now that this post has come about, what do you think is really happening? I bet that you are getting messages and you are passing them on to others who may benefit and so on. Do give it a thought and perhaps we can discuss that in greater detail in the future!

Home Recording Studio May 13, 2008 at 8:52 am

Incidentally, Brian Clark’s experience is another instance of what I have mentioned above. For that matter, just about everything in our lives, can be analyzed in this manner if we choose to, and benefit if we act on them.

sandals May 13, 2008 at 10:49 am

I read that post from Darren already.

I must say that I need to read same amounts of motivational posts in comparison to posts where I learn about blogging, IM or web design. While I gain knowledge on one type of posts/articles, I need a fuel to drive me forward and use that knowledge. And posts like this one feel my tank quite nicely.

sandals’s last blog post..Chaco Sandals

Steve Elliott May 13, 2008 at 5:01 pm

Sorry to lower the tone Derek but I found myself chuckling at the “chicken tikka masala and power of the individual.

We all know what power a good curry can provide :)

Airsoft Guns May 14, 2008 at 4:57 am

Eliminating the doubt in your mind and committing yourself to a goal is essential to success. I suppose you can throw the Law of Attraction in there but what is most powerful is the personal motivation you gain from it.

Nicole Price May 14, 2008 at 8:22 am

You seem to be having a very fruitful time out there. Good for you. Thanks for the list. Will surely read them up in a while.

Nicole Price’s last blog post..The Six Word Memoir

Eva White May 14, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Its true, the only thing that stops us from being successful is our own fear of success. If we realise that we can achive anything that we really really want, half the battle is already won.

Eva White’s last blog post..H. Lang & J. Rothstein : Deep Aid Mix

Asia'h Epperson May 16, 2008 at 12:18 am

I think success and failure is just a very thin line. It is up to us to put in effort for success. No pain, no gain.

Asia’h Epperson’s last blog post..Asia’h Epperson Ramblings

Thom May 27, 2008 at 11:36 am

The power of attraction is a very powerful force. Without sounding to freaky or anything, I do believe it is at least a portion of the force that binds things together. Kinda the opposite of anarchy.

Anyway, its always a refreshing pick-me-up to get to read these kinds of post. Thanks for sharing!

Thom’s last blog post..MyOldClockStore.com

Comments on this entry are closed.