This week the focus will be on family as we explore the blogosphere. From celebrations to tragedy, childhood values to child-appropriate videos; there is a little bit of everything – much like the makeup of every family out there.
1. Damien Riley from Postcards from the Funny Farm is a long-time blogging friend and someone I am grateful to know. Damien and his wife, Sarah, recently celebrated their 6th wedding anniversary. As someone that recently celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary, let me say congratulations to you both!
2. Shana Albert shared a post over at Search Engine People that explores the idea that her mom planted the seeds for her to succeed at social media. It seems so simple yet not everyone seems to understand; follow the values you were taught as a child – honesty, respect, kindness, etc. – and social media success will not be far behind.
3. Lizzie from Rippin-Kitten has been experiencing a rough sequence of events, possibly the worst week ever as she lost a member of her family in a motorcycle accident. As a fellow member of the motorcycle community, I feel for Lizzie during this difficult time. Lizzie, you and your family are in my thoughts.
4. When I mentioned my participation with Movember, I had been hoping a few of the guys would join the movement. Little did I know that two ladies would be the first to join the Mo family. Sara from Suburban Oblivion, who I met at SOBCon, shows that even the ladies can rock the ‘stache – and she has the pictures to prove it. Andrea from According to Andrea, who many of you already know, stepped up and joined the effort as a Mo Sista. Thanks to both Sara and Andrea!
5. As a father to two boys that have learned that YouTube has an endless supply of videos that they find interesting, I was certainly interested in the mention of Totlol by Erick Schonfeld over at TechCrunch. Totlol is a collection of thousands of child-appropriate videos from YouTube, chosen by parents, that also provides members with extensive parental controls.