It is hard to believe but 2008 is quickly winding down and people have already started to look forward to what the new year has in store. There is a saying that nothing in this world is certain except for death and taxes, although one could certainly make a case that unrealistic New Year’s Resolutions and predictions for the coming year should be added to that list.
As the year comes to a close, it can be fun to look into your crystal ball and try to predict how things will shake out. As a matter of fact, one of the links below includes one such prediction from yours truly.
1. Jim Kukral sent out a note to some friends asking them about their 2009 social media predictions and what the coming year will bring for blogging and social media. Hint: You will find my prediction here – let me know what you think.
2. Peter Kim brought together fourteen great minds (almost as great as those in Jim’s post, lol) to share their thoughts on social media in 2009. Be sure to check out the PDF with the more detailed thoughts and predictions.
3. Over at Junta42, you’ll find another collection of people that have polished up the crystal ball to share their social media and content marketing predictions. Check out how these predictions compare to those above.
4. Peter Young shared a guest post at Marketing Pilgrim that asks whether or not 2009 will be the year that mobile marketing goes mainstream. As someone that just picked up a new G1, I am quickly embracing (and enjoying) the more capable phone and can see the possibilities that lie ahead.
5. In my prediction, I noted 2008 was the year of the video post and 2009 would hold more community interaction. That ties in well with Chris Brogan and his thoughts on why you need to be thinking about YouTube in 2009.
Once you have had a chance to digest this collection of predictions, I’d love to hear your predictions in the comments. Share your predictions on what 2009 will bring in terms of blogging, social media, or whatever you want to discuss.