Visiting Atlanta

by derek on March 21, 2007 · 6 comments

Atlanta

With an upcoming business trip to Atlanta, I thought I would ask for feedback from all of you on recommendations for preferred restaurants and places that require a visit while in town.
I’ve been to Atlanta a few times but it has been many years since my last visit, so I am not that familiar with the area at all. I’m trying to do a little reading now and find places to visit and things to do but I find it is usually better if you can get direct feedback from people.
From the sites that I have seen so far, one thing that looked kind of cool was a tour of the CNN Center. It costs $12 for a 50 minute tour but it sounded kind of interesting. Has anyone ever been on this tour? Is it worth the $12 or should I pass? The only problem is that I am not sure I will have much free time during the day as I will likely be occupied until about 5pm each day.
I’m interested in hearing from you so please share a comment or contact me with ideas, suggestions and recommendations on things I should do while in Atlanta, including restaurants, bars or attractions that are a must visit. If anyone is from the Atlanta area and is interested in meeting up for a beer or something, let me know.

Gary Lee March 22, 2007 at 1:23 am

Never been to Atlanta, but isn’t it the home of coca-cola? I’m sure a tour of the Coca-Cola plant is MUCH more interesting than the CNN Tour! 🙂

derek March 22, 2007 at 6:53 am

Yeah, I came across a listing for World of Coca-Cola so that might be an option. Another thing I thought might be worth a visit is to check out a Braves game if they are in town. I always enjoy visiting other ballparks.

Claudine June 11, 2008 at 7:51 am

I don’t know if you’ve visited Atlanta yet, but I’ve written about both places recently at http://www.theatlantatraveler.com with You Tube videos! LOL. Both the World of Coca Cola and the CNN tour are good. I just went to both. In the New World of Coca Cola you get a free collector’s bottle of Coca Cola and you get to drink all the coke products that you want! That’s really cool. Ugh. burp!
Claudines last blog post..Inside CNN in Atlanta

derek June 11, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Thanks for the tips. My trip was last year but if I plan to be in Atlanta any time soon, I will keep these in mind.

Cheap Ipods November 18, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Hey there! Nice blog, I stumbled upon it after my friend told to to check out one of your posts. Btw, what wp template theme are you using?

derek November 18, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Thanks for stopping by! The theme that I am using is called the (Not So) Fresh theme, there are links down in the footer if you’re interested in checking it out.