Speedlinking – March's Most Vocal

by derek on April 7, 2008 · 18 comments

The first quarter of 2008 is already in the books and things are really starting to heat up around here. Not only did this blog celebrate one year of existence but there were plenty of other exciting things taking place as well.
For the month of March, there were 227 comments posted to the blog and that breaks down to an average of roughly 10 comments per post. All of you are doing a great job of jumping into the conversation and building a nice community here.
The following readers were the most vocal in March.

Top Commentators March 2008

1. Nicole Price from Great Prices Here secured the top spot for the second straight month with 14 comments. With my wife’s birthday quickly approaching, maybe I should look at a few of Nicole’s totally wacky gift ideas – although I am not sure my wife would appreciate them.
2. Matt from Goodnight Moon Futon actually tied for the first spot this month with a total of 14 comments. Matt has been making a few changes to the layout of his blog and is also running an awesome contest that is familiar to me.
3. Home Recording Studio came in third with 13 comments. While I don’t have the talent, I do think my youngest son could have a future in a music career – what about you?
4. Brewster is in a three-way tie with 12 comments. Joe has only made a handful of posts since last month, but that could be because he has been busy leveraging the free hosting he won here to create DVD For A Dollar.
5. Ling from TripHow also checked in with 12 comments. You’ll find quite an assortment of amazing travel destinations at TripHow, with one that catches my eye being the Black Heron Inn, Point Reyes B&B – now I want to go on vacation.
6. pauletet rounds up the group of readers with 12 comments for the month. While I am not really into MP3s since I listen to Sirius Satellite radio, one that I would be tempted to check out is the music from Black Flag.
Don’t sweat it if you didn’t make the list of top commentators for the month of March. You have a fresh chance each and every month.
In addition, you might want to enter for your chance to win free advertising for one month. Also, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any future announcements for copious amounts of link love.
Thank you to everyone that participated during March and helped keep the conversation flowing. Your involvement is truly appreciated and makes all of the work worthwhile.

Futon-Matt April 8, 2008 at 8:50 am

Thanks for the link Derek, I was fairly productive last month it seems. šŸ™‚

Home Recording Studio April 8, 2008 at 9:52 am

I admire your modesty Derek. While, it is nice that you will seriously consider encouraging your youngest son to pursue a career in music, what ever made you think that you need to be talented to have a successful career in music? Just listen to some of the stuff that is coming out now a days!

derek April 8, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Lol, I’ve actually said that to my wife on many occasions as there really is some questionable material out there that people buy up like crazy.

Home Recording Studio April 9, 2008 at 11:12 am

So, what is stopping you? Go get them and if you want help just holler! It will be a pleasure competing with some of the “creative types” out there!

Furniture Store April 8, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I missed being mentioned by you that time, hope to be among the April forerunners!

Steve Elliott April 8, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Congrats guys and girls, I’m gunning for ya!

Steve Elliott April 8, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Sorry for the double post, couldn’t edit my comment.
I noticed that some commentators use relevant anchor texts for their name, what is your feeling on that Derek. It is beneficial to the poster but I refrained for fear of being labelled for spam?

derek April 8, 2008 at 9:30 pm

Steve, to be honest I don’t really care for it as I prefer to be able to connect with people and I think having a name helps build that relationship. At one time I asked for feedback on it and the community had a mixed reaction as well.
Generally speaking, I try my best to look the other way as long as the comment is one of value and not a comment just looking for the link juice.

Steve Elliott April 10, 2008 at 3:40 am

Hopefully if a comment is of no value then it get’s moderated out in any event Derek?
I could use some link juice and call myself after a games console for example but respect where you are coming from. It’s your blog, you make the rules.

derek April 10, 2008 at 12:58 pm

True, I will moderate out comments that have nothing to add that are just after the link.
As for the rules, I will not remove comments using keywords but my preference is for an actual name. I understand the desire to use a keyword for link juice but value the use of a name instead.

pauletet April 8, 2008 at 3:52 pm

I was really surprise today when i checked your site and see this blog:) Thanks Derek for giving back the compliments to your top commentators thru this blog. More power to you!

Asia'h Epperson April 8, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Derek,
It is a good gesture on your part to dedicate a post to the top commentators, and I think this will help definitely help to improve the conversation on this blog. Great idea.
Asia’h Epperson’s last blog post..Top Commentator Widget Problem

Ling April 8, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Thank you. For the links and the compliments. Appreciated.
Ling’s last blog post..Eco Friendly Road Trips

Cesar April 9, 2008 at 12:33 am

Congratulation, I was also in the list in February with my site wlogz(it’s not mine anymore). In March I was really busy with my new websites and school, so I have no time to post comments.
Cesar’s last blog post..Yu-Gi-Oh 5Dā€™s 1 English sub

Nicole Price April 9, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Thanks Derek. Great to be on top for the second month running. I haven’t been around lately this month. Was busy as hell last week. Should have more time to read up your latest posts now.
Best wishes to your wife!
Nicole Price’s last blog post..Small Steps to Big Savings

Brewster April 9, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Thanks as always for the link Derek. Yes, the past few weeks have been busy with the new site, and also building a new PC as my last one blew up!
Brewster’s last blog post..March Malarky