Home Sweet Home

by derek on May 23, 2008 · 18 comments

Here I am sitting in the Las Vegas airport awaiting my flight home. It has been an exciting week in Las Vegas but I am very anxious to get home and see my wife and kids.
The last few days have been spent attending session after session, at least when I was able to wake up on time after a late night out with our vendors and business partners.
There was a pool-side party…cool.
There was a late night run to Fatburger…delicious, especially with the egg.
There was a little sports betting…I lost.
There was a little blackjack…I won.
There was networking…everyone won.
All in all it was a good time and I am looking forward to growing the new relationships that were made.
But the gate agent just announced that we will begin boarding so it is time to wrap this up and begin the trip home to my family.
Before I go, I’d like to thank all of you for holding down the fort while I have been gone. As you might expect, I didn’t spend quite as much time connecting online while here in Vegas. Some of you have provided guest posts and those will be published in the near future.
Thanks again to everyone!

Home Recording Studio May 23, 2008 at 8:38 am

I can identify with you. Having had many occasions when I had to go out of town on business, the last day on the way home is a great feeling that only experience can explain. It will be nice to have you back and blogging.

Ling May 23, 2008 at 8:55 am

You were there for a week? Seems like it went by pretty fast. Anyway, looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope you have lots of pics to share.
Ling’s last blog post..Check-In Your Personality – Sexy or Safe?

Steve Elliott May 23, 2008 at 11:31 am

Congrats on the BlackJack, have you watched 21 yet Derek!!

Fringe TV Show May 23, 2008 at 3:38 pm

It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve been in Vegas…I’m glad you won at BJ,I really suck at this game.Don’t know what I’m doing wrong 🙂

Nick May 23, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Hey, glad to hear your trip was a good time and productive as well. I can’t blame you for not getting online while on your vacation…I wouldn’t want to either!
Nick’s last blog post..I Have A Privacy Policy

Furniture Store May 24, 2008 at 4:29 am

The strange thing about missing my loved ones is that i realize only when i see them, how much i missed them!

Airsoft Guns May 24, 2008 at 1:41 pm

That’s great that you had a good time in Vegas, but no matter how fun a place is, sometimes home is just irresistible.

Andrea May 25, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Good to have you back “home”!

Fat Loss Blogger May 25, 2008 at 10:19 pm

Vegas is fun, but when the time comes to go home — you’re definitely ready to go. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
Fat Loss Blogger’s last blog post..The P90X Fit Test – Pre-Program Results

Asia'h Epperson May 25, 2008 at 11:34 pm

It always feel good to go home after away for sometimes. I know that feeling.
Asia’h Epperson’s last blog post..Google Updating New Algorithm

Eva White May 26, 2008 at 1:15 am

No matter how much fun you have on a vaccation, getting back home has its own excitement. I keep wondering about when I’ll get to see my room and my things again. No need to use unfamiliar hotel stuff.
Eva White’s last blog post..Console Wars

Cesar May 28, 2008 at 1:18 am

Travelling and see other place are great but home is the best place you ever have.
Cesar’s last blog post..Radio Glitch delays work on Mars

Nicole Price May 30, 2008 at 11:00 pm

Its great that you had a splendid and fruitful trip. I really look forward to attending one of the blogger conferences too in the near future.

Garden Gates October 30, 2008 at 8:01 am

bathroom makeovers January 29, 2009 at 1:47 am

Nice to hear you won at the BJ…never made it myself.feel that really sucks…

Settlement Purchaser August 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm

It is always nice to go home after a vacation or work thing.