New Homes Section :: Semmler's Steez

by derek on June 17, 2008 · 21 comments

The Semmler’s Steez is where you will find a review of a business or website that has taken me up on my standing offer for free schwag (or do you prefer “swag” – there is much Interweb debate.)
Awhile back – far longer than I care to admit – Jayson from New Homes Section sent me a couple of free t-shirts that you can see below. Unfortunately, these shirts were a size large – and even though I’ve been trying to live a healthier lifestyle a large shirt hasn’t fit me in a long time!

New Homes Section

While the real estate market may be taking a huge nosedive right now, that doesn’t mean that you should stop doing your research and exploration for buying opportunities. If you have the resources, now could actually be a time to find a great price on a vacation or retirement home.
That is where New Homes Section might be able to help – as the website is a resource that helps potential home buyers research real estate, including information about new home builders and incentives currently being offered. New Homes Section currently offers information about Arizona, California and Texas real estate.
While reviewing the site, I have to admit that I found a few houses that would make great vacation or retirement homes for me.

New Homes Section

Call me crazy – my wife does – but I also enjoyed playing around with the mortgage calculators to see what would be feasible. Unfortunately, that home for $2.25 million in Arizona is still out of my price range.
In addition to the information that you will find on the main website, New Homes Section also maintains a real estate blog.
The blog provides more information about the real estate market, news, and related topics – such as this recent post on bus tours of foreclosed homes.
Even though we are in a buyer’s market right now, that doesn’t mean you have to stand still. Should you find yourself faced with the need to buy or sell your home, take a look at New Homes Section to see if you can apply any of the lessons or incentives to get the best deal.
Jayson, thanks for the free t-shirts!
As a reminder to anyone else that may have schwag for their blog or business, I can be easily bribed persuaded to write about you. 😉

Jayson June 17, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Sweet! Thanks Derek. Wish it was two weeks later, we’re rolling out a new site soon with tons of new features and would’ve loved the exposure on a high traffic blog for the new features.
Thanks for the mention and I’ll send you a new shirt in a month or so when we get them in.
(I’ll make sure it fits a little better this time)
Thanks again

derek June 18, 2008 at 8:21 am

You’re welcome Jayson! Look forward to seeing the new site and features, I’ll be sure to check it out.

Ling@Uptake June 18, 2008 at 12:47 am

As Warren Buffett says – Buy low, sell high. No time to buy a second home like now. The credit crunch on Wall Street is almost over, and while the real estate industry may feel some lingering effects for a year or so, its still a good time to buy a house now.

derek June 18, 2008 at 8:22 am

This is particularly true if you are able to purchase a home without requiring the sale of your current home, as would be the case with a vacation/retirement home.

Nicole Price June 18, 2008 at 4:43 am

Derek, I may just be tempted to take you up on your offer. Give me a while though! I am waiting to see how you will answer all the questions floating around!
Nicole Prices last blog post..Fashion Industry: Who’s The Most Influential and Powerful

derek June 18, 2008 at 8:23 am

No problem…although now I am nervous that there is some pressure on the answers to the questions. Is there one in particular you are curious about?

Nicole Price June 19, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Two actually – one, my own naturally and the other on the tutorial on how you have succeeded in making your blog pay.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Bag It!

Andrea June 18, 2008 at 7:36 am

hmmm, very very interesting…..this could be fun..*calls up the local printing company*

derek June 18, 2008 at 8:27 am

Lol, I’ve kicked around the idea many times about getting some schwag made up for my sites so I could send that around to people. Until I created Red Staple Media though, I could never decide what to promote.

Nick@romandock dot com June 18, 2008 at 9:07 am

I keep meaning to get some shirts and different things made, but I’m always putting it off. Now I really can’t because I need to pay off some debts and save some cash first. At some point though I’m planning on getting some made.
Nicks last blog post..What would you like to see here?

New Condos June 18, 2008 at 1:04 pm

I’ve been reading the New Home Section blog for a couple weeks now…nice clean site too. I may have to follow suit and send you some company shirts. 🙂

Steve@Free iPods June 18, 2008 at 6:28 pm

What could you do for me if I sent you a free pair of my used underpants Derek 🙂

derek June 18, 2008 at 7:13 pm

After I got done laughing at the skid mark, I could probably get sick on them and then ship them back to you. 😉

facebook June 19, 2008 at 3:06 am

LOL.. I enjoyed reading the comment conversation more then reading the post.

Justin@Airsoft Guns June 19, 2008 at 7:56 pm

I usually enjoy the post itself more than comments, but I think they were especially funny today. Speaking of real estate, I wonder when the industry will crawl out of its hole… hopefully soon.

Rick NHS June 26, 2008 at 1:12 pm

Jayson had mentioned to me that you did an excellent write-up for us, and I finally just read it… I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to mention New Homes Section, we all really appreciate it… THANK YOU!
Rick NHSs last blog post..Permian Basin Home Sales Up

derek June 26, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Rick, thanks for stopping by and sharing your note! 🙂

Eva White June 30, 2008 at 5:45 am

Nice site. Interesting blog, loads of information. And i want to know how many Tshirts I need to send you to do a favourable write up for me!:)
Eva Whites last blog post..First Pregnant Man

derek June 30, 2008 at 11:01 am

Only one t-shirt is required for a similar write up, preferably in XXL. 🙂

hattiesburg real estate January 2, 2009 at 12:49 pm

You did a good job with the t-shirt. I like the original logo. I am going to be sure to take a deeper look at all the information.

Samantha May 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I see that the New Homes Section website is still around despite the problems with the economy since this blog was written. Good to see that useful sites and businesses can ride out the storm.
Samantha