Join Me At BlogWorld :: Early Bird Registration Ends Soon

by derek on June 19, 2008 · 20 comments

Who wants to join me for a trip to Las Vegas for the BlogWorld & New Media Expo and save money in the process?
The early bird registration for BlogWorld Expo ends on Friday, June 20th – which means there is only one day left to take advantage of the cheapest pricing. If you miss the early bird pricing, you can still receive a discounted rate up until August 22nd but why pay more if you can avoid it.
Last year I had really thought about attending but the timing didn’t work out – plus I was a conference virgin at the time and a little nervous – but the reviews that I read were all amazing.
There were good times had by bloggers that I have been following for quite some time (MsDanielle and Gary Lee), someone that I had just recently started working with (Wendy Piersall), and A-listers that I have chatted with but don’t know well (Shoemoney, Zac Johnson, and John Chow).
After attending SOBCon earlier this year, I learned a great deal about the business of blogging and how you can leverage your blog to the benefit of your business. BlogWorld will compliment that with additional knowledge on how to continue building my online revenue streams.
Not wanting to miss out on the fun that was had at the BlogWorld Expo last year – and the networking opportunities – I jumped in and registered before the early bird pricing closes.
There is no doubt that this year will have more great sessions, interesting keynotes (I really want to hear Mark Cuban speak in person), and plenty of fun to be had well into the night.
While registering, I happened to notice that Southwest Airlines is the Official Airline of BlogWorld & New Media Expo. While I am not counting on the Southwest snack box being back, maybe Southwest Airlines would like to sponsor my flight to the conference and I can blog about the experience.
What do you say Southwest? πŸ˜‰
Since the conference is still months away (September 20-21) there is still time to coordinate the travel and hotel plans, although I do want to make sure that I stay close to the convention center. In chatting with Gary Lee, he commented that he stayed at Mandalay Bay last year and that was a big mistake as it was too far from all of the action. Needless to say, I am very excited right now and cannot wait for September.
Have you been to a blogging conference?
If not, why not take advantage of the discounted pricing and sign up for BlogWorldExpo 2008 now before the prices go up.
For anyone that does decide to register for the BlogWorld & New Media Expo, please drop me a line to let me know you are attending as I would love to meet up with you once we are in Las Vegas.
As an added bonus, once you register for the conference you can join their affiliate program (as I have done) and possibly earn enough to cover the cost of your registration.

Ling June 19, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Ah. So we’re off to Vegas again? How come all the blogger meetfests are set in Vegas? And I hope Southwest sponsors your trip. That would be the icing on the cake. A free flight to Vegas, chance to meet up with other bloggers, learn something new and have a lot of fun besides. Some people have all the luck. πŸ™‚

derek June 23, 2008 at 12:26 pm

Not all of them are in Vegas, there is one I might attend just a week or so before this that is taking place in Orlando. πŸ™‚

Jayson June 19, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Sounds like fun Derek but I won’t be able to make it this year. I hear, no, read that it’s a lot of fun and will hopefully be able to make it next year. It would nice to hear Cuban speak – looking forward to reading about your trip.

Nicole Price June 20, 2008 at 8:25 am

As things stand just now, it is unlikely that I shall be able to get away. You enjoy yourself though.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Bag It!

ms danielle June 20, 2008 at 1:37 pm

yea i think the best tip is to stay at the conference hotel if you can. trying to organize 5 groups of people that don’t have cars and are at different hotels is really hard. i’m thinking of going… i can’t believe it’s time to get ready for it again!

derek June 23, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Hopefully you can make it again this year, would love to have the opportunity to meet my blogging buddy in person.

pauletet June 23, 2008 at 7:14 am

Hope i could join a blogging conference in the future.(when my budget will allow me to do so)

Ed Lau June 23, 2008 at 7:36 am

I was thinking of going since…I love the Vegas. But classes start in September…and I would’ve just come home from Tokyo.
Ed Laus last blog post..Where The Hell Is Matt 2008…and I’m In It!

derek June 23, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Quit with your excuses! πŸ˜‰

Zac Johnson June 23, 2008 at 12:03 pm

I’ll see you there! BlogWorld was just simply awesome… for it’s inaugural event it was excellent. Just a great collection of speakers and new people I met with, that I still work with and talk to today!
Zac Johnsons last blog post..Are ZIP and EMAIL Offers Worth It?

derek June 23, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Glad to hear that you will be back again, I look forward to meeting you!

Nick@romandock dot com June 23, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I’d love to go but I know I won’t have the time or money to go…you’re makin me jealous though with all this talk of travels…I gotta get to one of these sometime.
Nicks last blog post..What would you like to see here?

Futon-Matt June 23, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Sounds interesting, but I’m too busy with my aikido and Ken-Jutsu right now. Have fun.

Steve@Free iPods June 23, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Send me my plane fare and I’ll be over in a shot!

Paul Was June 24, 2008 at 9:12 pm

Thanks for posting this, I’ve never been to a blogging convention before….sounds like fun.

Eva White June 25, 2008 at 4:48 am

I shall hope to make it next time. Just like you last year, its unlikely that I will be there this time.
Eva Whites last blog post..Charging Your Phone… Forget It!

Laser Dentist June 29, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I will be seeing you there as well. I am looking forward to this year which will be my first.
Laser Dentists last blog post..Minneapolis laser dentist

Webkinz Secret Codes July 2, 2008 at 12:25 am

Be sure to take photos and whatnot, I plan to be attending this next year.
Webkinz Secret Codess last blog post..Webkinz Curious Shop Code and Cheat

knup July 23, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Sounds like a good time Derek. Gonna see if the wife will even let me go πŸ˜‰
knups last blog post..Why .ME