Making And Spending Money With PerformancingAds

by derek on August 5, 2008 · 22 comments

Just last week we had talked about the recently launched PerformancingAds ad network and how you could leverage this network to make more money.
Now that I have been using the network for a little over a week, I thought that it would be worthwhile to share an update as I have had an opportunity to make money using the network as well as an opportunity to spend money.

Making Money With PerformancingAds

Just a few short days after creating an account with PerformancingAds, I received an email notification that one of the ad spots had been booked for two weeks.
Thank you to David Peralty from eXtra For Every Publisher for booking the first ad through the PerformancingAds network, which you can see over on the right sidebar.
David has had a variety of experiences on the Interweb and is now sharing that knowledge with all of his readers through his blogging tips. The other day David discussed what I consider to be one of the secrets to building a successful blog as he took a week off from blogging and realized how much he still enjoys writing on his blog.
That is certainly something that I can relate to with this blog, as I look forward to writing posts for all of you and engaging in dialog with everyone.
So please join me in welcoming David as an advertiser on this blog!

Spending Money With PerformancingAds

In an effort to gain a better understanding of how the entire interface works on PerformancingAds, I thought it would be helpful to place an advertisement of my own as well. Of course it didn’t hurt that PerformancingAds is offering a discount of $25 off your first advertising purchase of $100.
With the discount in hand, I searched through the marketplace and found an advertisement being offered on a popular blog with good traffic and a very healthy PR6 ranking (for those that like that kind of thing) for $10 per week. After importing an ad that I had previously created, I placed my order for my first advertisement purchase.
You can find my advertisement over at Randa Clay Design, which many of you will recognize as one of the premier designers on the Interweb. With Randa’s expertise with design and my preference for the behind the scenes coding, I’d love to be working with her but am happy with advertising on her blog for now. 🙂

Impressed With PerformancingAds

While it has only been a week since I signed up, I have to say that I am impressed with the ad network thus far. The design is very crisp and clean, not a surprise given that Randa Clay was the designer.
With experience as both a publisher and advertiser, I can tell you that the interface is very easy to use and you can be up and running in a matter of minutes. When you do sign up for the service, feel free to shoot me a note if you have any questions as I would be happy to help.
What’s that? You haven’t signed up yet?
Well, what are you waiting for?
You can do it right here!

Daniel August 5, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I’ve been testing out PerformancingAds for a week or two and I haven’t had a nibble. I’ve even lowered the weekly ad rate from $10 t0 $5 to see if that did anything.
Glad to hear you’re having more luck than I am so far =)

derek August 6, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Are you in very competitive topics? I’ll take a look at the marketplace to see where you are listed. It might take time to sell any spots but in the interim you can take advantage of the banner exchange or add in a few of your own affiliate banners.

Ling@Triphow August 5, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I suppose it depends on the kind and amount of traffic you have (and PR). Some blogs make a heck of a lot from ad networks, while others won’t even get a single advertiser.
Lings last blog post..Interactive TravelZoo Ads At Las Vegas McCarran International Airport

derek August 6, 2008 at 1:37 pm

Absolutely, not everyone will sell ads using this service. If you go into it thinking you will make a fortune selling ads, you’re likely going to have a stretch of disappointment.

rajat August 5, 2008 at 10:59 pm

it was a useful post.. I will definitely join performancing ads now.. really seems a worth

Nicole Price August 5, 2008 at 11:56 pm

I have to think about it. Let me do so and in time I shall revert.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Best Companies to Work for

Larry @ Commercial Lighting August 6, 2008 at 6:13 am

Sounds good. I’m glad its working well for you. That PR 6 should really help in the traffic dept!

Randa Clay August 6, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thanks for the kind words Derek, and thanks for advertising on my site! Glad you’re having a good experience with Performancing Ads – nice write up.
Randa Clays last blog post..Randa Clay Design- new and improved

derek August 6, 2008 at 1:40 pm

You’re welcome Randa, thanks for stopping by to say hello!

Stephan Miller@Affiliate Marketing Blog August 6, 2008 at 2:00 pm

I have never had to much luck with ad networks. I have tried a few before like Project Wonderful and OIOPubisher. They just made me look stupid for the most part, with an ad spot hanging forever and no bites. So, I am staying away from these for a while. Maybe after some design changes.

Tax Relief August 7, 2008 at 4:48 am

I agree.That’s true but not everyone can be a model.Thanks.

Raleigh Real Estate August 7, 2008 at 7:49 am

Helpful post! Thanks for the links : ]
Raleigh Real Estates last blog post..Home Buyer Checklists

Marie @ Neon Signs August 7, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Have you ever tried pepper jam ads? I ve heard good thing but have never used them.

Nick@romandock dot com August 7, 2008 at 12:53 pm

The more I read about this program the more enticed I am to try it…at least I haven’t had much success in this area in the past so my expections won’t be too terribly high 😀
Nicks last blog post..Housekeeping – Aaack It’s August Already!

Steve@Free iPods August 7, 2008 at 2:03 pm

I’m sure I commented on this article earlier in the week.
The reason I remember was that I was over tired and made a stupid, illogical comment about ads.
Am I going mad….boy, do I need a holiday….and will be away for 2 weeks from the 17th – woo hoo (although, no top comments for me I guess!)

Justin@Airsoft Guns August 9, 2008 at 7:42 am

I’ve seen a lot of blogs talking about PerformancingAds, so it has to be good. RandaClay really designed it? I have been reading that blog for awhile so it is surprising that I did not know she helped make PerformancingAds.

Franchise August 9, 2008 at 11:39 am

This is a very useful article. Definitely I will join performancing ads. Thanks.

pauletet August 10, 2008 at 12:41 am

This is a good money saver.

Eva White August 11, 2008 at 1:12 am

I just got my website redone completely, so will wait and watch for a while before making more changes.
Eva Whites last blog post..The Best Dressed Celeb Couples

Andrea August 15, 2008 at 8:01 am

Gah, thanks for reminding me that I had signed up. I need to dig deeper into the Ads.

Abi February 25, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for the information I will try to use PerformancingAds.com to earn me more money from blogging.

Mark@Raleigh Durham Advertising January 23, 2011 at 5:00 am

I used to use PerformancingAds for a blog i hosted and wrote about cooking a couple years back. I never got any bites, but then again my traffic wasn’t very high.