Speedlinking – The List Edition

by derek on August 18, 2008 · 11 comments

When we got together last week, we took a look at a handful of posts with the intent to further our education on a variety of topics. As we learn new things, we often start to make a list of what we want to accomplish with our new found skills.
Therefore, this edition of Speedlinking will focus on lists. Some of the lists will tie in nicely with the lessons that we learned last week while others are just plain fun and interesting.
1. The SES coverage is getting into full swing over at the aimClear Search Marketing Blog and Jennifer Osbourne kicks things off with a recap of 43 killer viral tips from top marketers.
2. Trying to get started in your freelance writing career? Michael “Kwanye” Kwan recently provided an overview of the 6 step approach to writing feature articles that he has used to build up his freelance writing career.
3. Stressed out? In need of a mental boost? Leo Babauta reminds us that sometimes the best way to have a great day is to make someone else happy. If you’re in need of some pointers, check out 32 ways to make someone happy today.
4. In the recent Q&A Session, I commented that one of the most difficult things to maintain with multiple blogs is the ability to come up with post ideas. Fortunately, Darren Rowse has provided us with 24 things to do when stuck for a topic to blog about.
5. Not everyone that authors a blog enjoys getting into all of the code behind the scenes. For those that do love to tinker with the code, Smashing Magazine recently provided some fodder for “tinker time” with 7 principles of clean and optimize CSS code.

Aaron@Gecko Hotel And Travel Guides August 19, 2008 at 12:38 am

Thanks for the good set of lists. 32 ways to make someone happy was a fun read, and the 43 killer viral tips list was quite relevant to me right now. We’ve just launched our site, so that type of advice is definitely helpful for promotional purposes (some new advice and some reminders), along with other parts of your site.

peter@Love Fortune Teller August 19, 2008 at 5:40 am

I post to multiple blogs and I also struggle with coming up with ideas. What helps me is to develop templates around posts with certain themes, but the problem then is the blog becomes too formulaic.
peters last blog post..Why Doesn’t Peter Answer Me?

Chuck@chuck norris August 19, 2008 at 6:08 am

I too get stuck when the brain doesn’t have any new blogging ideas. One of the things that help me is to get out and see what others are up to, that helps. But these tricks Darren has a also cool too. I will definitely remember few of them next time I’m in trouble.

Nicole Price August 19, 2008 at 8:14 am

Why only for multiple blogs? Even with one, one can have trouble coming up with ideas every day! This link is really a life saver.

Jesse@child safety services August 19, 2008 at 8:36 am

I’m really into #5
smashingmag has killer content on there all the time, except there servers seem like they just can’t handle the load!!!
We were on there not too long ago and they are still sending great traffic
child safety servicess last blog post..Federal Amber Alert System

Jesse@child safety services August 19, 2008 at 8:37 am

sorry forgot to enter my name with keywordluv feel free to edit
Jesses last blog post..Federal Amber Alert System

Futon-Matt August 19, 2008 at 9:01 am

Thanks for the links Derek, I too enjoyed the 43 viral tips.

Olly@Guitar Tuition Books August 19, 2008 at 1:27 pm

I think my favourite is the viral tips although it’s always refreshing to make someone else happy – it’s all good karma if you beleive in these things!

Ling@Uptake August 19, 2008 at 7:31 pm

If you’re stuck for something to blog about, likely means you need to learn more about the subject of your blog. If you’re an expert in your field, thinking about stuff to blog about is never a problem. Chosing the best one for which you can maximize the response – That’s a problem.

Andrea August 24, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Wonderful links. I like the 32 ways to make someone happy the best, i will try and remember these as tomorrow is Monday and usually NOBODY is happy. :p

Eva White August 30, 2008 at 11:39 pm

Coming up with post ideas is difficult, try this method. Take a newspaper and open to any page you fancy. Pick a word that interests you and write a post based on it.
Eva Whites last blog post..High Tech Olympics