Denied By Market Leverage…Twice

by derek on August 20, 2008 · 29 comments

If you have spent any time surfing the blogosphere recently, you’ve likely seen a good deal of publicity surrounding the affiliate company Market Leverage.
John Chow has been running a Market Leverage affiliate challenge and not too long ago Enkay reminded us that Market Leverage is where its at. Of course you also have people like Nick who won a bag of Market Leverage swag and Tyler Ingram who has made his first earnings with Market Leverage.
Seeing all the fun that everyone else has been having, I decided it was time to give them a try myself. You’ll remember that I often talk about how it never hurts to try a new service as there is only one way to find out if it will work for you, and that is to try it.
So what do I think of Market Leverage?
Well, I’d love to tell you but unfortunately my application was denied.
Not once, but twice!
The first time that I submitted my application, I received an email from a Publisher Manager at Market Leverage indicating that they needed me to call before my application could be approved. When I called to talk to them, I was informed that my application could not be approved because the domain that was entered on my application was showing that it was not owned by me.
When I applied for an account, I listed this domain as well as the domain for The Man Page. However, the application apparently only listed the TMP domain and I don’t personally own that one, so that made sense.
The recommendation was to apply again using only the domain for this blog to avoid any confusion regarding the ownership of the domain. So I visited the site again and completed another application and anxiously awaited the approval of my account.
Denied…again!
Now I am a bit confused, although I think I know what might have happened. The domain for this site is owned by me but I used the private domain registration service when I purchased the domain. Therefore, Market Leverage might be checking the domain and when they cannot confirm that the domain is owned by the same name on the account, they deny the application.
This is only my suspicion, as I haven’t called back the second time to determine why my account was denied. As much as I would like to be testing how Market Leverage might work with the sites that I own/author and encourage all of you to sign up as well, I am not able to get an account.
If anyone from Market Leverage happens to stop by, can you help me out?

Enkay Blog August 20, 2008 at 9:12 pm

I’m a bit surprised that your application was denied. I’m sure Debby or Dina would stop by and read your blog and get this corrected for you. I’ll send this post over to my publisher manager who might be able to assist you. I really like Market Leverage so I’d be glad to see you get accepted!
Enkay Blogs last blog post..Why I Stop Reading Your Blog

derek August 21, 2008 at 6:41 am

That would be great and much appreciated. Hopefully I can get this straightened out as I would love to be testing offers with ML.

Kelvin Kao@Puppet Kaos August 20, 2008 at 10:19 pm

I don’t know what the real reason is (why would I?), but does this make you think twice when you register your next domain?
Kelvin Kaos last blog post..Cool Links to Check Out (08/17/2008 edition)

derek August 21, 2008 at 6:42 am

Possibly, I’ve always used the private registration in part because when I started my online initiatives it was all on the side and I didn’t want anyone to be able to easily trace it back to me.

Matthew August 21, 2008 at 12:02 am

sign-up under me and we’ll figure it out lol
Matthews last blog post..Perfect Business – Vote for Me

Asia'h Epperson August 21, 2008 at 12:52 am

I think the main reason is probably you are using an email address other than contact@dereksemmler.com
I hit the same problem as well when I sign up with one affiliate company using my self-hosted wordpress blog. As my wordpress blog is using private registration, they are no able to confirm whether I own the blog.
They request me to apply using a email from the blog I own and subsequently approved within a day.
Asia’h Eppersons last blog post..I Am Still Around

derek August 21, 2008 at 6:43 am

I did apply using an @dereksemmler.com email address, although it wasn’t “contact” but I cannot imagine that would make a difference.
We’ll see what happens.

olly@Boss Effects Pedals August 21, 2008 at 1:30 am

Why did you opt for using the private registration process? – just interested to know why anyone would bother?

derek August 21, 2008 at 6:44 am

As I mentioned in a comment above, I went with the private registration in an attempt to maintain some anonymity as when I started blogging I was trying to keep it under wraps – although I guess with the domain name as my name that really doesn’t make any sense, lol!

olly@Boss Effects Pedals August 21, 2008 at 6:50 am

Yes I can see your point in some but I guess the domain does kind of hint as to who you might be!

Mike August 21, 2008 at 7:19 am

Hey Derek,
My name is Mike Kelly, I’m a Publisher Manager with ML. You will be receiving a call from one of my co-workers today. His name is Denis and you should hear from him shortly. He’ll go through the normal approval process with you and then you should be all set! I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I appreciate your patience as we get this taken care of.
Thanks,
Mike
407-323-8502

derek August 21, 2008 at 7:23 am

Mike, that is great news! Thank you very much for reaching out and helping me through this process.

Mike August 21, 2008 at 7:35 am

Np, we’ll get you squared away ASAP!

derek August 21, 2008 at 10:10 am

Mike, I received a call this morning and have started the process. We got disconnected so I need to call Denis back, but will be unavailable the remainder of the day today.
I just wanted to thank you again for getting the process started. The ball is rolling now and we should get everything wrapped up as soon as I get a chance to call Denis back. Thanks!

Enkay Blog August 21, 2008 at 8:27 am

Hey Derek, good to know that it will be resolved. I had emailed Mike last night once I saw your post to let him know. I’ll be happy to see you on the ML network! 🙂

Unsecured Line Of Credit@YourKeywords August 21, 2008 at 9:14 am

It is good to know that some companies do not sleep on the users’ concerns. I might sign up as well.
Unsecured Line Of Credits last blog post..Emergency Funds

Ling@Uptake August 21, 2008 at 10:02 am

Well, that was fast. Guess nothing more to say since it’s all taken care of. Airing customer service issues on your blog does help. 🙂

MP3sale review August 21, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I’m a totally surprised that your application was denied. I wish u best of luck next time…keep posting.
MP3sale reviews last blog post..Why Do You Not THINK ?

betshopboy August 21, 2008 at 8:15 pm

I’m surprise you haven’t join ML until now. The ML offers will do well on this popular blog, and your other sites.
betshopboys last blog post..Twitter Is Down – A Parody

Justin@Airsoft Guns August 22, 2008 at 7:19 am

That is unfortunate how you got denied twice, but as long as you’re persistent you should get accepted. This network doesn’t seem that different from the others, though. Do you really think it would increase your revenue significantly?

Jon@Custom T-Shirts August 24, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Glad you worked things out. From my personal experience, a quick call to their toll free number will get you into almost any program out there because they’ll immediately know you’re serious.

Andrea August 24, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Glad this all worked out for you, derek.

Eva White August 28, 2008 at 1:56 am

I hope you finally get the affiliate success you desire.
Eva Whites last blog post..Jamaica’s Usain Bolt

Nick@romandock dot com September 27, 2008 at 2:25 pm

I’ve still been procrastinating on this, but now I want to try it just to see if I have the same problems because I also use the private registration on my domain.
Nicks last blog post..I’m making progress, eventually I’ll be caught up.

TeasasTips October 13, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Did you ever get approved? I belong to ML as well and have had some limited success with it…but I have discovered 2 other CPA’s that have had a better conversion rate. I blogged about them..
TeasasTipss last blog post..10 Ways To Boost Your Twitter Followers