Market Leverage Update :: We Have Success

by derek on August 26, 2008 · 18 comments

Last week I had mentioned that I had signed up for an affiliate account with Market Leverage but that I had been denied.
Shortly after publishing the post, I had received a comment from a Publisher Manager at Market Leverage, Mike, who indicated that I would be receiving a phone call shortly to discuss the approval process.
Just as Mike had commented, I received a call from Denis moments later and we began to discuss my application. Unfortunately, our call was disconnected (turns out Denis was sitting through a tropical storm and I was sitting in Chicago traffic, not a good combination for cell reception) and we did not get a chance to reconnect.
After a few crazy days, I finally had a chance to get back to Denis this afternoon and I am happy to report that I am now the proud owner of a Market Leverage affiliate account thanks to Mike and Denis! I’d also like to give thanks to Enkay as he said he was going to shoot an email to his Publisher Manager, who may have been Mike but I am not sure.
So now what?
As I discussed with Denis on the phone, I have not had much luck with affiliate links thus far; however, I have only been using text and banner links on my blogs as opposed to targeting any CPC advertising and/or landing pages.
While the affiliate links that I have used on my blogs tend to get a decent CTR, that has not translated to any conversions on the back end. Thus far my most, or maybe I should say only, successful affiliate links have been through Amazon.
In a continuation of my previous efforts with affiliate marketing, I’ve been browsing through the Market Leverage offers and have selected two that tie in nicely for two of my sites. Right now I have simply added a banner for each offer to two posts that have been receiving the most targeted traffic over the last few weeks and will monitor how these perform.
Looking further into the future, I want to get more involved with affiliate marketing in the sense of creating landing pages and CPC campaigns to try and drive targeted traffic. Obviously I have a great deal to learn in this area and welcome the advice and/or suggestions from any of you that have been successful with affiliate marketing.
As a matter of fact, I have a domain that I registered some time ago that could potentially work quite well as the home for a variety of landing pages in niches from zip and email submits for free products to something a little spicier like adult dating sites.
Time will tell how successful I am with Market Leverage, or any other affiliate site for that matter, but I am anxious to get started and continue the learning process. Like I have said many times before, you never know whether or not something will be successful until you try. Therefore, if you would like to give Market Leverage a try for yourself, I encourage you to sign up here and get started.
If you run into any problems signing up, please come back and let me know – as we have seen how responsive the Market Leverage team can be when there is a problem.

Ling@Uptake August 26, 2008 at 9:09 pm

I dunno much about landing pages, but I figure if you have products on it which appeal to your blog visitors, that’ll help push it. And keep it simple. Most people avoid ad pages which are glitzy and loaded with flash and heavy graphics.

derek August 27, 2008 at 7:52 pm

True, although I’ve been reading that certain types of offers tend to do well with the tacky pages that most people would steer clear of.
The name of the game really seems to be test, test, and test some more to find out what works. Not too different from what I do with the blogs really.

Chuck@chuck norris August 27, 2008 at 3:56 am

I get best results with affiliate links if I spread them all over the post, plus one big BUY sign that is next to product specifications and picture.
Glitzy pages don’t work, like Uptake says, visitors get confused and often click where you don’t want them to.

olly@Boss Effects Pedals August 27, 2008 at 4:40 am

I too have signed up for this on the back of your previous post and Denis was very kind in persisting with getting through to me – the time difference here in the UK caused a few issues with the time he was calling but got there in the end.
Derek, it sounds like I am in a very similar position to you regarding success with affiliate marketing, I would be interested to hear how you get on with things – I assume you will be updating us with your progress?

derek August 27, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Absolutely, you will know how I am doing with it. Please feel free to stop by and share any of your success or failures as well, we can learn together.

Jon@Custom T-Shirts August 27, 2008 at 10:42 am

I find that landing pages tailored to very specific niches along with a local city name to be very effective and give a high CTR.

derek August 27, 2008 at 7:54 pm

That is good to know and that would work well with one idea that I was kicking around as one of my first attempts.

Patrick August 27, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Thanks for the good information, I will have to check out Market Leverage myself. I am going to subscribe to your feed, I like the blog and I will enjoy checking out you posts.
Patricks last blog post..Top 10 Reasons…

derek August 27, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Patrick, thanks for the comment and taking the time to subscribe. If there is anything that we can do to help, just ask.

Eva White August 28, 2008 at 1:47 am

If it does work out for you this time do tell us. Then i’ll look into their plans as well.
Eva Whites last blog post..Jamaica’s Usain Bolt

Justin@Airsoft Guns August 28, 2008 at 4:51 am

I’m happy that you finally got accepted to Market Leverage, and based on your experience with other programs, I’m sure you can make this one work too.

Andrew Reynolds August 28, 2008 at 7:07 am

I would be interested in hearing how you get on with this?
Andrew Reynoldss last blog post..A quick recap

Suraj August 29, 2008 at 1:38 pm

I’ve heard a lot about Market Leverage (through contests and friends), however, never really bothered to apply. I am going ahead and signing up now. Hopefully, I’ll get approved like you. 😛
Surajs last blog post..Tips to get indexed quickly on google.

pauletet August 29, 2008 at 3:52 pm

I agree. There’s no harm in trying after all.

laptopcovers September 8, 2008 at 9:51 pm

keep us posted on how it’s going
laptopcoverss last blog post..The Best Types of Laptop Covers

Nick@romandock dot com September 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Glad you got it all resolved. The excitement you have over getting started in this bled though and got to me, now I’m even more excited to give it a try, especially with the type of assistance and support that ML has been reported to offer! I’ll perhaps do that as soon as I get through the rest of the articles in my feed reader
Nicks last blog post..I’m making progress, eventually I’ll be caught up.

Free Landing Page Templates November 30, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Hey, found your website through Zac Johnson. Just wanted to let you know I have about 10 or so free landing pages for up above.
Also subscribed to your RSS, looks like some good stuff here! Look forward to getting a chance to read it all 😀
— Scot