We Interrupt This Push Up Program…

by derek on August 28, 2008 · 19 comments

For the last few weeks, I have featured the latest 100 Push Up Challenge Recap each Thursday night.
While there have been a few comments that indicate the recaps are not the most interesting posts, I was planning to continue with the next update tonight, at least until it happened.
“What happened?”, you ask.
It = Front Page Digg
Yep, my submission for the Group Writing Project at Problogger has made the front page of digg and has brought the dedicated server being used by Sparkplugging to its knees!
Maybe I should refer Wendy to check out BlueFur hosting, as they handled my first front page digg experience pretty well.
As you might imagine, my time tonight has been consumed with, well, hitting refresh on digg to see how many more diggs the post has received. Yeah, I know that is kind of sad but it is pretty damn exciting when you have a post hit the front page of digg.
For those that might not have jumped over to TMP today to see my post, it was titled My Boobs Aren’t Squeeze Toys: 8 Tips For More Action In The Bedroom and it seems the response would indicate that I nailed the project goal of writing a killer title.
Just to keep the purists happy, I will say that the Week 5 push up program nearly crippled me. After cranking out 40 repetitions in my exhaustion test after Week 4, I dropped down to the middle column of workouts and still struggled. The workout tonight, with only 30 seconds of rest between sets, left me gasping for air and a moment away from calling 911.
Now, if you’ll excuse me…I have to go refresh digg again and see how things are going.

Ling@Uptake August 28, 2008 at 9:55 pm

LOL! Good for you. I suppose the sense of achievement from a front page Digg is much better than the one you would have got from the push-ups. Now all you gotta do is write a post about how to get a front page digg. 🙂

derek August 28, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Write a post about anything Apple, throw in some boobs for good measure – enjoy the rush of traffic. 😉

Andrea August 29, 2008 at 7:16 am

there is a joke in there somewhere, cant put it together…think, think, think!

olly@Boss Effects Pedals August 29, 2008 at 4:54 am

Congrats Derek – that is really a great achievement! Long may it last!

Nicole Price August 29, 2008 at 4:55 am

Attaboy Derek. Way to go! Forget the push ups. They can wait indefinitely.

Nicole Price August 29, 2008 at 4:58 am

Derek, you may wish to launch a Marriage Counseling Blog!
Nicole Prices last blog post..Some Style Tips: Look Great on a Budget

Andrea August 29, 2008 at 7:19 am

wtg on getting front page on digg!! i checked it out more since you mentioned it yesteday.

pauletet August 29, 2008 at 3:47 pm

What an exercise:)

john@catfish noodling August 30, 2008 at 8:48 am

Congratulations, that’s awesome! I procrastinated too long and missed entering in that contest, I was hoping to do so. Hopefully Darren will have another one again soon.

Jon@Custom T-Shirts August 30, 2008 at 1:41 pm

It’s definitely a great feeling being dugg. I’ve been on the front page of digg twice and I did the same thing you did… refresh every 5 minutes to check the number of diggs!

Eva White August 30, 2008 at 11:36 pm

Congrats on the front page. It has to be a major feel good factor for your day even with the down side of the push ups.
Eva Whites last blog post..High Tech Olympics

Futon-Matt August 31, 2008 at 8:00 am

Congrats again Derek. A first page digg must feel pretty awesome!

lisa@cod5 August 31, 2008 at 9:53 am

thanks great read, Also your site looks excellent, ive tried my hand at design but without luck.
lisas last blog post..Michael Phelps gets Call of Duty World at War early…

Martin@programming is fun September 2, 2008 at 12:58 am

Congratulations! Don’t think I will ever get to know how it feels like but I wish. Just found your blog, subscribed.
Martins last blog post..How to use Vodafone’s mobile broadband on Asus Eee Linux

Cesar@WebmasterBlog September 2, 2008 at 8:34 am

Congratulations for the front page Digg, I am trying to get to the front page too now but it’s really hard.
But I surprise that if you have something really funny, it can easily reach the front page (I see this many times).

Jayson September 4, 2008 at 12:21 am

Nice! congrats on getting to the first page – that’s truly something thousands want and thousands never get. You deserve as much as anyone that gets there

Nick September 24, 2008 at 7:33 am

Hey good job, this is certainly worth breaking away from your regular schedule for!

High Risk Lenders February 4, 2010 at 1:42 am

ya, its really to exiting to see any self written post on the front page of Digg.. 🙂