Ocean View From The Loews Hotel

by derek on September 17, 2008 · 27 comments

For the last few nights, I have had an absolutely amazing view overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony of my hotel room at the Loews Hotel in Miami, Florida. While I am happy to be back home with my wife and kids (at least for a day or so before I head out to BlogWorld) I do miss the ocean view.

As you can see in the video, my room was not all that spectacular outside of the nice view – which was very calming on more than one occasion. When I first saw the two double beds in the room, I was a bit disappointed but when you consider how little time is usually spent actually sleeping at a work conference it wasn’t all that bad. 😉
This being my first trip to Miami, I cannot say that I was overly impressed with the city itself. While I did not have an opportunity to explore much of the area at all, the parts that I did see gave me the impression of a run down city waiting to be rebuilt.
That does not mean that fun was not had, as there were plenty of good times – from the cruise of the Miami Harbor aboard a nice yacht to sharing drinks and laughs with friends, old and new.
It was hard to say goodbye to the beautiful view that I have enjoyed for the last few days, although now I get to enjoy a few days in Las Vegas.

Ling@Uptake September 17, 2008 at 11:27 pm

That is one nice view of the Atlantic and the beach. Must have been hard to resist the urge to join all those people on the beach. And you’re right that a lot of Miami is very seedy and in need of a facelift. But there’s lots of new development and construction going on – especially luxury hotels.

derek September 18, 2008 at 9:48 am

It was hard to stay focused on the tasks at hand and not be too distracted by the ocean and beach. Although one afternoon I had to connect to work to deal with a few issues and the ocean view kept me more relaxed.

Peter C September 18, 2008 at 6:40 am

Interesting view of you in the bathroom mirror there 🙂

derek September 18, 2008 at 9:48 am

Hey…at least I had clothes on, lol.

Terry @ SEO Blog September 18, 2008 at 6:44 am

WOW nice beach scene!
Terrys last blog post..Pay Per Click (PPC) vs. Organic Search: Which method is Best?

Jon@Custom T-Shirts September 18, 2008 at 8:30 am

Haha, I was thinking “nice view? where?” but then you turned to the right and BAM. That’s a nice view indeed, I think the ocean is beautiful any way you look at it.

derek September 18, 2008 at 9:55 am

I could have sat there all day just soaking in the view of the ocean. I’m a sucker for nature, which is how we came close to moving out into the Smoky Mountains a couple of years ago.

Jon@Custom T-Shirts September 22, 2008 at 7:50 pm

So what stopped you from moving to the Appalachians?

Nicole Price September 18, 2008 at 9:10 am

Though too brief, it showed the key element. Mind blowing view of the ocean. Pity you did not like the city though you had good time.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Weird eBay Listings

Tech blog September 18, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Its a beautiful scene of the beach… thanks for letting me see it.. 🙂

Damien September 18, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Sick! In the good sense!

Steve@Free iPods September 18, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Sea views…pah…I’d rather be stuck at my desk looking out on dark, rainy England !

Adam Jackson September 18, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Wow. i’ve stayed in that hotel before when I lived in Florida. So you’re going to blogworld? Me too! It’s going to rock.
Adam Jacksons last blog post..Yoono Logo Origami

Bali villas September 19, 2008 at 9:51 pm

When you plan to have vacation to Asia, i advice you to live in vacation villas or holiday rental in Bali. Many villas in Bali have India Ocean view or beach front, living in bali villas is also like you living in five star luxury resort

Greg June 2, 2009 at 5:53 am

I agree with you, for your information, Bali Home Management just launched their new managed villa with ocean view, its name The Longhouse

Olly@Boss Effects Pedals September 20, 2008 at 5:20 am

That view of the beach looks grea t- what a nice spot to be at! Hope you enjoy your trip!

Nick@romandock dot com September 27, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Nice! Although, it would have been better if it was like that straight out the window rather than off to the side like it was….did you have some high power binoculars along to make it easier to examine the wildlife on the beach? 😉
Nicks last blog post..I’m making progress, eventually I’ll be caught up.

derek September 27, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Lol, unfortunately I didn’t have much time, or the resources, to properly enjoy the wildlife on the beach.

car hire sanford October 7, 2008 at 9:39 am

I stayed in the days inn the last time i was in miami, cant say much for the views im afraid 😉
car hire sanfords last blog post..Car hire desks at Sanford Airport

Michael@Compare Hotel Prices October 13, 2008 at 2:57 pm

What a fantastic beach – I hope you made use of it 😉

derek October 13, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Unfortunately, not really. Went down to the beach one night just to be out there for a little bit but I didn’t have time during the day to get out there.

M Brand@Phuket Hotels Holiday May 30, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I really like the view in your video. The beach looks amazing green/blue! Just like a sea should be 🙂 Reminds me of our Phuket seaview.
M Brands last blog post..Phuket Tourist Attractions, The Best!

Eric@Strathclyde hotel February 16, 2012 at 3:10 am

Saying goodbye to a view this beautiful is always hard. Just watching your video makes me feel like going to the beach right now! But the snow and freezing temperatures are sure to stop me 🙁

Jean @ Used Tires May 10, 2012 at 1:57 am

I agree, a good view can make the whole trip worthwhile since we spend half of the day in the hotel anyway. I remember having a sea view by the beach during our recent vacation and it was very pleasant.
-Jean