Q&A Round 6 :: The Questions

by derek on October 10, 2008 · 16 comments

It is hard to believe but we have already reached the 2nd Friday of October, which means it is time for another round of Q&A with yours truly. Last month we only had a handful of questions, so I am hoping that all of you will kick it up a notch this month and flood me with questions.
You can ask anything that you like and I will answer to the best of my abilities, or tell you if I don’t know the answer.
Before asking your question, it would be great if you could review the previous sessions to see if your question has been asked already. Not only will that save us time, but it will allow you to ask a new question that has not already been answered.

With an upcoming trip to Disney World and the excitement of Halloween around the corner, I am looking forward to the questions that all of you come up with this month.
Let me have it…what would you like to know?
Questions will be answered on the following Friday, unless I cannot help myself and leave for vacation early.

Michael Kwan October 10, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Are you interested in completely replacing your day job with a career in professional blogging? If so, what steps have you taken and do you plan to take to achieve this goal?
Michael Kwans last blog post..NFL Week 6 Predictions

Ling@Uptake October 11, 2008 at 2:25 am

What costume are you going to be wearing for Halloween? πŸ™‚

Andrea October 14, 2008 at 7:24 am

He is gonna go as a blogger….OOOOOO!!

Nicole Price October 11, 2008 at 8:59 am

I find it eerie that you blog so openly about your dissatisfaction with your current job. Aren’t you even a little bit afraid, that your employer may read it and that it could lead to unpleasantness?
Nicole Prices last blog post..Discount Lingerie

Ryan October 11, 2008 at 9:29 am

Do you view the tremendous decline in share prices within the U.S. stock market as a buying opportunity?
Ryans last blog post..Buckley: "I’m Voting For Obama"

TechnoSamrat October 11, 2008 at 1:20 pm

What is your main idea behind blogging? earning money?? getting fame?? or something else??
TechnoSamrats last blog post..MessenPass – Freeware To Recover Lost Instant Messenger Passwords

kouji@haiku poems examples October 12, 2008 at 5:36 am

alright… went through the previous sessions…
how do you look for the blogs which you then comment on? and do you tend to visit the same blogs a lot, or do you spend more time looking for new blogs to comment on?
thanks. πŸ™‚
koujis last blog post..leaves nature haiku poem

Steve@Free iPods October 13, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Why do Americans have “World” Series involving just one country?

kouji@haiku poems examples October 14, 2008 at 3:17 am

interesting question. πŸ™‚
koujis last blog post..halloween haiku poem

Nick@romandock dot com October 13, 2008 at 3:33 pm

How did you decide upon Disney World as your vacation destination? Also, how much vacation time do you get per year? I wonder this because you took vacation to go to BlogWorld and now this trip, plus whatever other time off you took earlier in the year….
Nicks last blog post..The Bright Side Of The Current Economic Situation

Andrea October 14, 2008 at 7:26 am

You know how Disneyworld got chosen? His wife wanted to go.LOL

Nick@romandock dot com October 14, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Was it the wife or the kids? I’m surprised that she didn’t want to go with on the Miami and Vegas trips πŸ™‚
Nicks last blog post..A Site By Any Other Name

Khaled from quadrant vans October 14, 2008 at 4:17 am

What was the deciding factor in choosing Wordpress over other software like Movable type, Blogger, Typepad etc as your blog software?

Andrea October 14, 2008 at 7:26 am

Who are you planning to vote for this year for president and why?

JLow October 15, 2008 at 12:56 am

How would one (or you) backup an entire Wordpress blogsite, right from the start / first post, including all the comments, jpg’s, links (to other internal posts and external sites)?
You would do this, say, when you are looking to change hosting companies and want to “transplant” the blog….
FTP the entire db and directories down into your C drive?
Sites and services that offer back up just don’t seem to cut it for me….

derek October 17, 2008 at 11:49 am

Comments are now closed. You can find all of the answers here.

Comments on this entry are closed.