Who Says Blondes Get All The Fun?

by derek on October 21, 2008 · 18 comments

Andrea

I am in no way assuming I am a beautiful person.
I am not assuming I am hot either.
Or cute.
Or all that and a bag of chips.
I am writing this guest post for Derek to show all of you how I can get just about what I want. You see, I am that chick that can get away with anything or out of anything with a wink of my eye.
I haven’t always been like this, you know. As far as I can remember, I have always worn big and clunky ugly glasses, you know what I am talking about. I come from a poor family and that was all we could afford, instead of the cool ones. I always hated wearing glasses. I felt very unattractive in them, so over the years I had low self esteem. As a little girl, I always struggled with my confidence. For all the glasses wearers out there, I mean no harm.
But today is a different story.
I am armed with contacts, boobs, good looks and an attitude that can’t be beat. My confidence is through the roof and I have high self-esteem.
I haven’t done it lately, but I used to be able to make guys blush with a single glance. Everywhere I go, I get attention. I cant help it. When I go out on the town/clubbing with my friends, I can get us in when no one else can.
VIP? Sometimes.
I have yet to pay for a drink. I can always smile my way out of a ticket. My friend and I went to go see a show at the Harrah’s casino. We got free upgrades. When we go out dancing, we are always the center of attention. I get invited up on stage. I can just be hanging out with my girlfriends and get hit on. I get complimented by random men even with my husband next to me!
Most women don’t like me. They feel threatened by me, I assume. I honestly don’t really know. I just get horrible dirty looks. I don’t want your man, honey.
What does my husband think about all this you ask? He finds it hilarious. It doesn’t bother him the least bit. He actually encourages me to use my β€œpowers” to get stuff for us. I suppose he is flattered to see men still hit on his wife.
I suppose I am just a natural flirt.
I like to think it is all in how you present yourself to others. I think you must portray yourself as a confident person. Be friendly and out-going. Definitely smile at people. I guarantee if you smile at someone, they will smile back. If you are friendly, they will probably be friendly back.
You get what you give.
As a mother of three, working with her husband and living in New Orleans, Andrea has some interesting stories that you can find at According to Andrea.

peter@Peter Answers October 21, 2008 at 9:52 am

Let me assure you that you are hot!
peters last blog post..Introducing BustedTees

Tony@PC enclosures October 22, 2008 at 1:54 am

Wow what a beuautiful babe…what you doing on Saturday?

Khaled October 22, 2008 at 2:32 am

Its nice to see that Andrea has gone from having no or little confidence to someone who is now very confident with themselves and the way they look. It would be interesting to know what was the thing that changed her life around and gave her the initial confidence, was it the getting rid of the glasses and getting attention from men, the cosmetic surgery or something else.

Ling@Uptake October 22, 2008 at 7:42 am

Hmmm… Guess I should have written about attractions in New Orleans instead of those in Orlando in my guest post. πŸ™‚

Tru Talent Management October 22, 2008 at 8:53 am

Yeah, you are pretty freaking hot! I’m not surprised in the least that you get just about anything you want.
Tru Talent Managements last blog post..Tru Talent Wants You To Become An Actor!

Nicole Price October 22, 2008 at 9:09 am

Way to go Andrea. I admire you for your boldness.

Steve@Free iPods October 25, 2008 at 2:20 am

Boldness? Is the a wig then….eeeek !!!

Andrea October 22, 2008 at 11:45 am

Thanks everyone!! i am glad i submitted this post, i was a lil nervous at first.
To answer your Khaled, what gave me the initial confidence that broke me out of my mold was me realizing on my own terms (and time) that i indeed, am beautiful. maybe not to others but to myself.
Growing up, i was always told my the “beautiful” crowd that i was ugly and always was picked on probably up until jr high. so up until then, i honestly believed i was unattractive. Kids can be so harsh!!
Once I gained some confidence and started to wear the contacts….the attention from the opposite sex helped out with my self esteem. :p

derek October 22, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Andrea, thanks again for the great guest post! Sounds like more than a few people agree that you can easily get whatever it is that you want, lol.

Nick@romandock dot com October 22, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Wow, great post! I was wondering who the author was all the way through but didn’t let myself peek ahead πŸ™‚ It’s just so much different from the stuff you post on your own site πŸ˜›
Judging from the comments, I bet this will give a boost to your readership!
Nicks last blog post..Sunday Snapshots – 008

Ryan October 23, 2008 at 1:52 pm

I cannot believe Derek allowed this guest post without including a full picture gallery!?
Ryans last blog post..Battleground Update

derek October 27, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Lol, I tried but Andrea was only willing to supply a head shot.

Terry @ SEO Blog October 27, 2008 at 7:28 am

Ok, I know I am going to catch some flack for this but…what was the point of this post? Don’t get me wrong I love this blog but this post just seemed way to cocky. I am real happy that you have a high self esteem and everything but seriously this was a little over the top. Being that you say you are “all that and a bag of chips”, I decided to visit your blog and see if you were right. I won’t give my opinion because I don’t feel any more time needs to be spent on this subject but …come on, if you are going to write a guest post, please come up with some interesting content!
Terrys last blog post..Office supplies – IDs

derek October 27, 2008 at 3:16 pm

Terry, as an FYI (and not trying to sway your opinion), I encouraged Andrea to write this as a guest post. One day we were chatting about something and this topic came up, I said it would be a funny topic for a post and then talked Andrea into writing it.
Sorry that you did not enjoy it. If you want to see another guest post from Andrea, she wrote a great article for my other blog on raising a confident daughter.

Andrea October 27, 2008 at 8:07 pm

no, no flack. everyone is entitled to their opinion. cant win them all, ya know! πŸ˜‰

Steve@Free iPods October 28, 2008 at 2:35 am

Not every blog post has to have a point or a message to be interesting. Good to change the format from time to time.
I’m sure if Derek looked as good as Andrea his visitor count would improve. So much for equality!

Neil@PS3 December 1, 2008 at 9:18 am

I love all the guest posts on this blog. I would like to see more of them. Thanks Derek

Lina@Cosmetic Surgeons Sydney January 21, 2011 at 1:45 am

Hi Derek nice blog. They say physical appearance is what makes you beautiful and sexy but for me it’s how i carry myself with confidence. I thought of a cosmetic surgery before but then i got scared of the negative side effects but all of the blogs that i already stumbled in says that it depends on the who the Surgeon is. Cosmetic Surgery is really life threatening. That’s why if it comes to my mind again in the near future i would only go for the proven and tested Surgeon only. More power to you Derek. Awesome blog you have here.