Giving Thanks…And Books

by derek on November 27, 2008 · 19 comments

Happy Thanksgiving!
While we hopefully take time throughout the year to give thanks for all of the things we have in our lives, today is the “official” day of giving thanks here in the United States. In recognition of today, I wanted to take a moment to share a few things that I am thankful for this year.
Here are just a few of the many things that I am thankful for this year:

• Family. We have our ups and downs, but my wife and two boys mean the world to me. We are healthy, happy, and have each other.
  • Friends. There are friends that I have had since childhood, as well as friends made more recently. They are all special.
  • Work. With the state of the economy, I am thankful that I have a job that pays me well and provides for my family.
  • Community. This includes each and every one of you that visit this blog, share your voice, and help one another.
  • Future. With President-elect Obama, I am thankful for the promise that the future holds.

In addition to giving thanks, I will be giving books!
The five winners that will receive a copy of Blog Blazers have been selected. As much as I’d like to be able to give each of you a copy of the book, I have a limited number to share. Thank you to everyone for participating!
The winners are…

Congratulations to each of the winners! Remember, if you’d like a personal note from Chapter 15 (aka me) included in the book, just let me know.
Take some time, not only today but every single day, to reflect on what you have to be thankful for and share that thanks with the people in your life. Let the people in your life know how special they are to you, don’t assume that they know.
Last but certainly not least…thank you for everything!
Photo courtesy of psd

Danny Cooper November 27, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Score! I really wanted a copy of the book, I’m emailing you my address now!
Danny Coopers last blog post..Are YOU set to RetireAt21?

Tyler Ingram November 27, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Sweet, Thanks Derek! Looking forward to it
Tyler Ingrams last blog post..Is Political Correctness Slipping For Retailers This Year?

Steve@Free iPods November 27, 2008 at 4:47 pm

That’s a very level headed list of thanks Derek, you know exactly what is important.
So, thanks to you for sharing this wonderful blog!

Ling@Uptake November 27, 2008 at 8:13 pm

Family, friends, work, community, future. Nice list. Now don’t tell me you have a white picket fence. 🙂
Just kidding. Like Steve says, you have your priorities right.

derek November 30, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Lol, no white picket fence in my yard.

Andrea November 27, 2008 at 10:52 pm

oh and btw, congrats to the winners of the books!! I wasnt one of the lucky ones but that wouldve been cool.

Nicole Price November 27, 2008 at 11:48 pm

You are very right. There are so many things to be grateful for and it is worth our while to take some time off every day to do so in a formal and structured way.
Congratulations to the winners.
Nicole Prices last blog post..The Best Recipe Sites

Neil@PS3 November 28, 2008 at 1:31 am

Well done to all the winners. Good luck in the next competition if there is one.

Jessica W November 28, 2008 at 2:54 am

Congratulations to the winners. I hope all of you had Happy Thanksgiving day 🙂

Sam November 28, 2008 at 5:59 am

From your words i feel that the book might sound amazing.Anyway i l let you know if i need a copy

masajes zaragoza November 28, 2008 at 7:23 am

Where I can find similar information?
Greetings from Spain

Nick@romandock dot com November 28, 2008 at 5:38 pm

That is a very nice list Derek, it’s short, sweet, and encompasses the most important things to be thankful for.
I would be thankful for winning a copy of the book, but I didn’t win :S…congrats to the winners though!
Nicks last blog post..Under The Bridge: A Literal Music Video

Hair Extensions November 29, 2008 at 4:41 am

A good thanks giving message on the thanks giving day of USA. Perhaps you did not leave any one. What post it is? Let me read your book and lastly, thank you very much.
Hair Extensionss last blog post..24" Long Clip In Hair Extensions Full Head Set, Deluxe Set ,Highlights Set,wigs, quality curly, straight hair pieces,clip in, clip on

Mert Erkal November 30, 2008 at 1:46 am

Hi Derek,
I am one of the lucky winners. Thanks(for)giving the book to me 🙂 I will be glad to read your personal note. Please sign it for me too.
Cheers,
Mert
Mert Erkals last blog post..Free Video Tutorials To Create Your Own Blog

Justin@Airsoft Guns December 1, 2008 at 5:46 am

Congratulations to all the winners. Blog Blazers sounds quite informative, since it has so much information from all those bloggers. As for Thanksgiving, I didn’t like mine too much, and I’m happy it’s over (but I made sure to be thankful for the things I have).
Justins last blog post..Black Soft Collar Vest

derek December 1, 2008 at 11:08 am

To the winners, well four of the winners (Steve, I’m still waiting on a response from you), your books will be dropped in the mail early this afternoon.
To all, thank you for being a part of the community here and as always, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Steve@Free iPods December 1, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Sorry Derek, I read and responded to the first post without even realising that I had won!
Fantastic news, I will reply to your mail with contact details 🙂
Thanks so much
Steve

Norhafidz December 1, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Hi Derek,
Happy Thanksgiving and I’m kinda frustrated not to be one the winners 🙂
Norhafidzs last blog post..Matched as Dead as a Dodo

derek December 1, 2008 at 10:52 pm

Sorry, as much as I’d like to give a copy to everyone that just isn’t possible. But stay tuned as there will be more contests coming up soon.
Btw, just followed you on twitter so hopefully we can connect there as well.