Merry Christmas – And All That Other Stuff Too

by derek on December 25, 2008 · 16 comments

Christmas Ornament

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Hopefully you are enjoying this holiday season and have the opportunity to share some quality time with the people that are special to you – as I am doing today.
This time last year, my wife surprised me with a Nikon DSLR so I thought that it was fitting to share a picture that I took recently. If you’re wondering why I took a picture of a Christmas ornament off of our tree, I was experimenting with the these 5 tips for great holiday shots.
Well, I’ve got to run…there is some important business that needs my immediate attention.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

JLow December 25, 2008 at 6:54 pm

Wow! That’s an expensive gift by my standards- I would never expect my scrooge wife to buy me such an extravagant gift!
Good on you!
JLows last blog post..When it also replays in her dreams…

derek December 27, 2008 at 2:13 am

That’s expensive by my standards too, which is why I was floored when my wife bought me that last year. This year we were much more low-key.

Ling@Uptake December 25, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Hope you had a fun Christmas too. I’m taking an extended vacation into the New Year, but I’ll still be checking up on my favorite blogs at least once a day (kinda hard to stay away from the internet…).

derek December 27, 2008 at 2:15 am

We did have a fun Christmas. I’m on vacation until the 5th of January myself and have been trying to unplug a little bit to devote more time to being with the family.
Hope you’re enjoying your vacation and the holidays!

Jessica W December 26, 2008 at 3:02 am

Merry Christmas. I wish you to have peaceful holidays and Happy New Year!
Thanks for the best wishes.
Jessica Ws last blog post..Why is Professional Web Design so Important

derek December 27, 2008 at 2:16 am

Thanks Jessica! Merry Christmas to you as well.

Nick@romandock dot com December 26, 2008 at 6:12 pm

While that picture turned out very good and looks quite nice, I can’t help but feel that I’ve seen it before somewhere…have you shared that one with us previously?
Nicks last blog post..Violent Video Games and Violent Behavior – Correlation: Not Cause and Effect

derek December 27, 2008 at 2:16 am

Not here, I did share a link to it in the comments of a post over at The Man Page. Did you see it there?

Nick@romandock dot com December 27, 2008 at 9:50 am

Perhaps…I don’t really remember for sure. There was just a feeling of familiarity when I saw it. Most likely that is where it’s from though.
Nicks last blog post..I Found Two More Feeds To Subscribe To

Nicole Price December 27, 2008 at 8:39 am

A good time if somewhat subdued and quiet this year.
That is quite a nice photograph there actually.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Merry Christmas!

jas December 27, 2008 at 3:12 pm
CvilleBirder@DJ Consoles and Music Mixers December 28, 2008 at 7:34 pm

That’s a great photo!
Seriously, you should submit it to one of the microstock photo sites and make some royalties for downloads.
Enjoy your new camera and Happy New Year!
CvilleBirders last blog post..Numark Introduces New DJ Mixers and Turntables for iPod Users and Vinyl Collectors

Cashmere Lashkari January 8, 2009 at 4:44 am

Its a nice snap. Glad to see you are making good use of your camera.
Cashmere Lashkaris last blog post..Bargain Shoe Shops: Berry, Dawar, Ideal and Chor Baba

Cashmere Lashkari January 8, 2009 at 4:45 am

Would you mind if I linked to it on my site?

derek January 8, 2009 at 11:45 am

Not at all, although I prefer if you save a copy to your server and maybe provide a credit to me.