Q&A Round 8 :: The Questions

by derek on December 31, 2008 · 19 comments

It has been a little over a month since our last Q&A Session and I’ve gone back and forth on having one more to close out the year.
The feedback on the last few sessions has been that they are quite entertaining (and I love answering the questions too) but that you guys have been running our of questions to ask.
After giving it some consideration, I’ve decided to run one more session and will put the challenge out to all of you to come up with some great questions.
Think outside the box.
Don’t hold anything back.
You can ask anything that you like and I will answer to the best of my abilities, or tell you if I don’t know the answer.
Before asking your question, it would be great if you could review the previous sessions to see if your question has been asked already. Not only will that save us time, but it will allow you to ask a new question that has not already been answered.

When I had sent out a request to participate in the Toys for Tots bonus round, I had offered a copy of the book Blog Blazers as a token of my appreciation to the first five people to donate. Unfortunately the response was less than I had anticipated, although I realize that the economy has left many of us without the capacity to give more.
Therefore I have decided to select the question that I enjoy answering the most in this Q&A Session and send that person a copy of the book.
Get creative with your question and win a free book!
With today being New Year’s Eve as well, I’d like to take a moment and wish everyone a Happy & Healthy New Year! Stay safe tonight and enjoy your time with family and friends!
Questions will be answered one week from the date of this post.

Blog Expert December 31, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Those were some good questions and answers. Thanks a lot.
Blog Experts last blog post..My Secret of Making Money Online

Ling@Uptake January 1, 2009 at 5:56 am

Any thoughts on Net Neutrality? Seems to be a very hot subject for debate, and one of critical importance for the future of the internet and its ordinary users.

Andrea January 1, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Dont hold anything back, eh??
Hmm…what can i ask….think, think….

Nick@romandock dot com January 2, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I agree Andrea, and would like to echo these sentiments…guess I’ll have to think of a question and come back later to ask it!
Nicks last blog post..Goals For 2009

Nicole Price January 2, 2009 at 9:31 am

What impact if any, is the downturn likely to have on your personal life?
Nicole Prices last blog post..New Year Resolutions to Help You Save Money

Neil@PS3 January 2, 2009 at 10:59 am

Hi derek,
I will be thinking quite hard about what I feel would benefit me most to learn from you. There is so much I don’t know about successful blogging and internet business. Also there is so much I would like to know about your way of life on the other side of the water.
I will ponder this and post my question a little bit later.
Neil

Steve@trade show displays guru January 2, 2009 at 6:42 pm

hi Derek,
Hmmmm…
I’d ask what I should get my wife for Christmas, but it’s a little late for that.
I’d ask what the meaning of life is, but I’m guessing that question is above your pay grade.
I’d ask how I get my 6 year old daughter to wake up on her own for school in the morning, but I doubt anyone can answer that…
So I’ll just ask, what is printed on the post-it notes (i.e. the five-post it notes that you wrote S T A R T on).
~ Steve, aka the out-of-the-box-or-out-of-his-mind trade show displays guru
PS. Or maybe that could be a contest to see if anyone can read what is on them… πŸ™‚
Steves last blog post..How to Discipline your Children – A Better Way

Nick@romandock dot com January 2, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Near as I can tell, it says “The Linton Company” and the phone number 800-841-0200 however, I can’t quite read the tagline below the company name. Unfortunately, Derek is the wrong person to ask. Check the photo credit at the end of the post πŸ™‚
Nicks last blog post..Goals For 2009

Andrea January 2, 2009 at 9:40 pm

If you come up with a way for your 6yr old to wake up on her own, PLEASE let me know. I have an 11 yr old daughter who is hard to get up in the morning…..

Jesse@SoLinkable January 3, 2009 at 10:08 am

If you come up with a way for your 11yr old to wake up on her own, PLEASE let me know. I have a 23 year old girlfriend who is hard to get up in the morning (though for work rather than school)…
Jesses last blog post..All Amazing Articles Β» 40 Unusual Websites you should Bookmark

Nick@romandock dot com January 3, 2009 at 11:25 am

Heck, I can’t hardly get myself out of bed in the morning. I sleep through alarms and/or shut them off in my sleep and when other people try to wake me up that doesn’t go so well either. Glad to know I’m not the only one that struggles with this!
Nicks last blog post..This Week In Blogging – 017

Andrea January 4, 2009 at 12:02 am

LOL Nick, i hit the snooze acouple times in the morning, then i realize “Oh crap I gotta get the girl up for school!!” so i am rushing her out the door but all she wants to do is sleep. i suppose if i giver her time to wake up and get ready in the morning, it wouldnt be so bad.

Steve@Free iPods January 3, 2009 at 11:49 am

I’m sure by now you will know what your wife didn’t want for Xmas πŸ™‚

Steve@trade show displays guru January 3, 2009 at 9:20 am

hi Nick,
Duhhh… I think I had a Homer Simpson moment. I assumed (never assume anything, right) that Derek the photographer took the picture, and I never thought to look for a photo credit. Derek, please disregard my question!
Hi Andrea,
If my teenage memories are any indication, it gets worse with age, and nearly impossible when they hit the teens. πŸ™‚
~ Steve, aka the not-paying-attention trade show displays guru
Steves last blog post..How to Discipline your Children – A Better Way

Steve@Free iPods January 3, 2009 at 11:50 am

My Question is….
If you were a casual visitor to this blog, what question would you ask yourself, and why?

Andrea January 4, 2009 at 12:03 am

This is a really good question, id like to see what the reply is.

Neil@PS3 January 4, 2009 at 4:10 am

My question is…..
If you could meet anyone from history or the present who would it be and why?
Just read the questions from Round 6 and Steve @ Free iPods asked why Americans have the World Series but it only involves one country.
It is because it was originally sponsored by The World Newspaper and therefore took the name the World Series. It kept the name because of the popularity and now people believe it should include world teams but that was never the case.
Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon derek.

Steve@Free iPods January 4, 2009 at 5:01 am

I was trying for a bit of irony πŸ™‚

derek January 8, 2009 at 11:57 am

Comments are now closed. You can view the answers here.

Comments on this entry are closed.