The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time

by derek on January 9, 2009 · 28 comments

Do you recall how we were talking about timing being everything and the idea of being in the right place at the right time?
Well, here is an example of what happens when the timing is off ever so slightly and you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Now, I know this was brutal but for some reason (maybe because I have two boys of my own and have seen this happen) I had to laugh. One minute everyone is having a good time, and then the timing is off just enough that everything comes to a screeching halt.
It can all change in an instant – timing is everything.
The little guy was having such a good time running around with the older boys, but quickly found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Clearly there are some things that we cannot control, but here is to all of us finding ourselves in the right place at the right time more often than the wrong place at the wrong time.
Be honest…did you laugh (even a little) when you saw this clip?

JiMpiSh January 9, 2009 at 10:42 pm

oh man… That’s so BRUTAL! ๐Ÿ˜› Hehe… I won’t lie, I laughed a bit… Shit happens… Especially with little kids…
AT LEAST the older brother felt bad about it and went and tried to comfort him… ๐Ÿ˜› What was that anyways? Looked like a rather large beanbag or something. :O

derek January 9, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Yeah, it was good to see the brother go over and put his arm around the little dude to see if he was okay. Having seen something like that happen – and having had something similar happen to me – made it a little easier to laugh at, but it was brutal.
Not sure what it was that he threw, I thought it was some kind of ball or something.

Neil@PS3 January 10, 2009 at 3:07 am

I had to have a little bit of a laugh but that was terrible. Feel a little ashamed to laugh.
As was said it is nice to see the older kid making sure he is ok but that must have hurt.

Ling January 10, 2009 at 8:14 am

I think he’s hugging the little one to make sure he doesn’t start bawling. Lucky the kid didn’t get clocked too hard. These kinds of experiences are all part of the learning process. Next time he’ll know when to duck, or stay clear of incoming missiles. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole Price January 10, 2009 at 9:18 am

Yes, I did but I was also very touched with the way the bigger boy goes to hug, apologize and console the little one.
Nicole Prices last blog post..Good Deals on Hair Products

Steve@trade show booths guru January 10, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Hey Derek,
I think (or at least hope) it was a Nerf football. ๐Ÿ™‚
That scene happens on a regular basis in our house, and I remember being that little kid when I was little. Part of growing up I think, and a worthy price to pay for hangin’ with the big kids…
~ Steve, the trade show booths guru
PS. I got my first emailed post from you. FYI the subject line on the email was blank, whereas the few other blogs that I subscribe to send an email where the subject line is their blog name. I’ll let you know what I get next time.
Steves last blog post..Trade Show Booths and Duct Tape

derek January 12, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Steve, please keep me updated if that continues to be an issue. The email notifications that I receive do have a subject so I will need to look into this to find out what is happening.

Steve@trade show booths guru January 13, 2009 at 3:34 pm

hi Derek,
I got another email notice today (my second since subscribing), and it again does not have a subject/title. It is just blank for the title. I use Outlook for my emails, though I don’t think that should matter.
~ Steve, aka the trade show booths guru
Steves last blog post..Trade Show Booths and Duct Tape

derek January 13, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Sent you an email and will try to get this resolved.

Jesse@SoLinkable January 11, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Honest? Of course I laughed. I think everyone has been there – either as the thrower or the, um, failed receiver. I hit someone with an awfully hard throw once. I felt so bad…
Jesses last blog post..SoLinkable Blog ยป SoLinkable upgrades

Mike@Domain Names January 11, 2009 at 10:28 pm

How brutal. We have all been there.
I was impressed with how the older boy was able to get out of the way at such close range. Might be able to dodge a tackle or two when he’s older.

Neil@PS3 January 12, 2009 at 1:05 am

Yes looks like we have a good football player in our midst.

Steve@Free iPods January 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I imagine may have been talking about NFL, not our “soccer”!

Custom T Shirts January 12, 2009 at 5:15 am

It remember to me my childhood. When I lost my front teeth while playing with my brother. I was running behind him and suddenly he push the door and the hanger hit my mouth and my teeth broke after this.

Free Software January 12, 2009 at 6:27 am

hehehe. i laugh a little. Pity the cute little kid had to endure the pain. But all is good as the brother has the responsibility over his own actions
Free Softwares last blog post..Check Food Additives For Health

Billy January 12, 2009 at 8:08 am

Man it’s all about karma and bad luck ๐Ÿ˜€
Haha, lmao, this is a nice vid – kids are kids. They gain experience while playing. You can’t do nothing about it. I wonder who recorded this video (father/mother) ? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Billy

Kayla Schwinner January 12, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Iโ€™m in my sophomore year of college and was just told I have no credit history. Iโ€™m going to try to get a credit card to use for emergencies. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which type of card I should get? Iโ€™ve heard Visa is pretty convenient.
Kayla Schwinners last blog post..The Breakthrough Dieting Miracle That Will Change Your Life Forever

derek January 12, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Hmm, doesn’t really seem to apply to the content of this post but I’ll entertain the question with my thoughts.
There are many cards to choose from, but I would probably recommend that you explore the idea of a rewards based card. There are a variety of rewards cards, one I use regularly is a BP Visa rewards card. Examine your spending habits and see if there is something like this that might fit your current lifestyle.
Beyond that, I have had good luck with American Express as well. While I initially had a few issues with my American Express balance transfer, it all worked out well and I now use that card exclusively for blog related expenses.

derek January 12, 2009 at 1:46 pm

All, thanks for the feedback – I am happy to hear that I am not alone in having laughed at this video.

Mike@Domain Names January 12, 2009 at 3:40 pm

No worries Derek.
Thanks for posting the vid and making us all laugh, a little ๐Ÿ˜›

Steve@Free iPods January 12, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Don’t be embarrased to laugh. As long as there was no long term damage, they will be talking about it for years..
“Do you remember when you hit me with that bean bag and we got our video posted everywhere!”

John@Maternity Clothes January 13, 2009 at 9:13 am

I laughed but at the same time I feel for the kid. This is just how kids are at this age. You can’t stop the little one’s from wanting to play with their older siblings but something always happen sooner or later.

Jane@Provirilia January 14, 2009 at 10:07 am

oooh poor kid!! I laughed af bit i have to admit. Sweet that the older kid gives the littlebrother a hug.

Robert Redson January 15, 2009 at 2:33 pm

oooh that looked like it hurt. I laughed a little, but I’m not proud of it. I think something like that always happens to boys that age, but it’s not usually broadcasted to thousands of people ๐Ÿ™‚

Veronica Cervera@key biscayne condos August 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Ouch! That hurt. Yeah I did laugh, though. More of a oh-is-he-okay kind of laugh and not the laugh-laugh. Timing is everything and unfortunate (but a little funny) incidents do happen. They say everything happens for a reason. I wonder what could be the reason for this one…?

Lisa Plant September 12, 2011 at 9:13 am

That’s awkward, but the essence of the video’s there! Proper timing is really important. Great techniques performed at the wrong place and time can be useless. Thanks for sharing this! Great post!

Steve@Electric Cig October 8, 2011 at 10:24 am

That hurts. Poor kid! However the message from the video is clearly understandable. Timing is important and everyone should take it seriously because you might be doing the right method at the wrong time which would then make all of your effort useless.