How Bridaluxe Hits The Affiliate Network Nail On The Head

by derek on November 4, 2009 · 17 comments

Many of you have likely experienced the following scenario – you’ve been reading up on affiliate marketing (including my posts on what not do in affiliate marketing and the real power of the Amazon affiliate program) and you’re anxious to get started.
You’ve signed up with one of the affiliate networks (i.e. LinkShare.com, shareasale.com, etc.) and you’ve got a site ready to publish your affiliate links. You log into the control panel and you’re greeted with page after page of merchants, yet you don’t have a relationship with a single one of them.
After spending time weeding through the list of merchants and finding the ones you want to promote, you must then apply to their program…and sit back and wait!

What If It Were Different?

Wouldn’t it be nice if the process were a little more seamless? Don’t you think it would be much easier if you logged into your affiliate network and immediately had a relationship with each merchant?
I know that you are nodding your head in agreement.
And that is exactly where the Bridaluxe wedding affiliate program has hit the nail on the head when it comes to working with an affiliate network.
When you sign up for an affiliate account with Bridaluxe and receive acceptance into the network, you’re automatically connected with each of the merchants in the network and can immediately begin to promote the affiliate products on your site.
There is no waiting for approval.
There is no confusion about using an affiliate link for a merchant that has not accepted you into their program.

Taking It A Step Further

The seamless nature of the Bridaluxe affiliate network is exciting enough, but when you take a look at the tools that they offer you will see that they’ve taken things a step further for their affiliates.
When it comes to affiliate marketing, one of the questions that you must answer is how to add affiliate products to your site. You can add products manually, or even create custom affiliate scripts to automate the process.
What does Bridaluxe do for their affiliates?
Sure, you can manually grab text links or product links from any of the merchants. But if you really want to leverage the 10,000+ products in the network you can use their Storefront code block to automatically create a full-featured storefront.
For those of you using WordPress (and let me just say that I hope that is most of you), Bridaluxe also offers a WordPress plugin that easily integrates into your existing site and will have you up and running with a complete affiliate store in no time at all – as I recently did when I created this wedding store on one of my JV blogs.

Hitting The Nail On The Head

After working with a handful of affiliate networks, I can easily say that Bridaluxe has hit the affiliate network nail on the head by coupling simplicity with powerful tools to make life as an affiliate easier.
The unfortunate thing here is that Bridaluxe is targeted to the wedding industry and I am well aware that many of you are not in that niche. However, I would hope that more affiliate networks will take a look at features like this and offer them to their own affiliates. While I am well aware that the larger networks like CJ have thousands of merchants and this might not be entirely feasible, I still believe that there are lessons to be learned by affiliate networks of all shapes and sizes.
What do you look for in an affiliate network?

custom t-shirts November 7, 2009 at 2:18 am

Thanks for sharing with us the useful resources.

Internet Strategist @GrowMap November 8, 2009 at 6:31 pm

What many affiliates may not realize that easily adding an entire store to their site is not even the best part of what Bridaluxe is doing. Your store continually updates itself automatically.
Every day there is a new Featured product on the main page. Under that there are sections for the Top Selling products which make it easier for shoppers to hone in on just what they want to buy.
Groomsmen gifts is a great example. You click the link on the main page and it takes you to a page offering groomsmen gifts by interest. This is a much faster way to hone in on just the perfect gifts for your groomsmen. (If yours don’t drink or smoke where DO you start – now you know.)
Besides making it easier to shop their stores automatically feature the products that are selling best which is very likely to increase conversions.
Shoppers need to be confident in their selections before they pull out their plastic. These Bridaluxe stores are going to convert better for their affiliates.
What I hope we’ll see if Bridaluxe licensing their system for other niches. Now that I’ve seen what they’re doing, I know that niche affiliate management companies are the future of affiliate marketing.
The gift store I work with is one of the Bridaluxe merchants so anyone who has a store is selling our products. Contact me and I will personally send your store traffic. Read more about our gift store and what I’m doing in the CommentLuv featured post in this comment.
.-= Internet Strategist @GrowMap´s last blog …How to Evaluate a Merchant Gift Affiliate Program =-.

derek November 8, 2009 at 9:54 pm

You’re absolutely correct that there is the additional benefit of having new / hot products automatically added to your store without having to do any work.
One potential negative aspect of these automated stores is the issue of duplicate content. Depending on the solution there are some things you can do such as customize descriptions or products to give some variance to other sites.
Thanks for the additional input!

Krystian@Hotels Hastings November 10, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Very interesting, I’m currently looking for Affiliates for a large website with couple of thousand visitors a month, so I’ll definitely check it out.
I looked at a couple of programs but either they were cheating on money or simply wouldn’t provide enough statistics to show us why they weren’t bringing profit.
Let’s hope this one is really better.

derek November 10, 2009 at 2:59 pm

The site that we have the storefront on doesn’t receive nearly that much traffic at this point and the store hasn’t been live for very long, but we’re expecting it to work out well over time. They seem to be receptive to feedback and are working on adding some new enhancements to the publisher interface.
Will it fit into the niche of your affiliate website? If you don’t want to list it publicly, feel free to drop me a note via the contact form as my JV partner might be able to help you out too.

Jack Smith December 13, 2009 at 12:35 am

nice info, keep posting…

Steven May 7, 2010 at 7:20 am

Nice to see an affiliate program trying to make life easier for the affiliates.

Rick Ong December 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Hi Derek,
Have you thought about starting your own niche affiliate network?

derek December 29, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I really haven’t given that much thought, although I have seen some of the options for creating your own network. Have you pursued that at all?

Chris@Amps for Bass Guitar May 6, 2011 at 9:45 am

Affiliate networks are looking for are those people that can prove that they understand what they are undertaking when it comes to online affiliate marketing. It really is in their interests to get individuals onboard who can earn cash for them, not those who might be a member of their affiliate network, last for a short while and then disappear.

Veronica Cervera@Downtown Miami Condominiums July 25, 2011 at 2:05 am

As a general rule, I think one should definitely not sign up for an affiliate network that doesn’t provide any kind of tracking. Signing up for an affiliate network that doesn’t offer tracking is like playing a guessing game. One must know exactly the profitability when you promote the merchandise in the affiliate network.

Steve@Electric Cig September 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I highly agree with you Veronica. Good Affiliate networks always provide tracking services. It’s one way to determine if you’ll be generating sales from that site.