Twenty Ten Honey

by derek on December 31, 2009 · 19 comments

2010-new-year

Before we close out the year 2009 and move on to the new adventures that lie ahead in 2010, I wanted to take a moment to send a quick thanks to all of the people that have been a part of my experiences in the last year. Without each of you it would not be nearly as much fun or special.
From a pure blogging perspective, there is no doubt that 2009 was an odd year for me. There were only 33 posts, including this one, over the course of the year and a handful of those were from other bloggers.
As many of you know, I took a step away from blogging in late January as I contemplated at what cost you should pursue your passion. It was certainly difficult to disconnect from something that had been such a big part of my daily life, and it didn’t automatically make everything else better.
More recently I have been trying to get a little more active on the blog to balance some of the behind the scenes work I’ve been doing for clients. The new blog design was created to help showcase my services as a WordPress consultant, or I should say ninja.
In between there was a blog birthday and a handful of new joint venture blogs that I have partnered on with Gail from GrowMap.

Honey?

The “honey” in the title of this post is a play on a phrase that has held a special meaning to me since I was a wee lad in school, and to this day my group of close friends that I’ve been with since those days will still toss the phrase around.
That brings me to an important point that I’d like everyone to focus on as we enter the new year; while the work we do and the goals we achieve are certainly important, it is the people we meet and the relationships we have that we will remember forever.
I’ve been extremely fortunate in that I’ve met people that have changed my life, some in ways that they likely never imagined. It is these people that make me smile on a regular basis and offer me more than I can ever hope to repay, to which I can simply offer a heartfelt thank you. 😉
As everyone rings in the new year, please be safe and have fun! Think of the people that are close to you (and those that cannot be there with you as much as they might wish they could) as that is what is truly important.
Happy New Year!
Photo credit: Optical illusion

Palabuzz January 1, 2010 at 4:21 am

Like you I haven’t been active on some of my blogs since I run a lot of them. Now I a just going to focus on two right now and forget about the rest. That way I could make those two bigger.
Maybe I will develop the other blogs in the future. I haven’t decided on that yet. Only time can tell.
.-= Palabuzz´s last blog …Tiger Woods Loosing another Sponsor =-.

derek January 4, 2010 at 12:16 am

Yeah, it can become quite a challenge to keep multiple blogs going with fresh posts – throw in the demands of a full-time job, family, friends, etc. and it becomes even more daunting. Good luck with the two blogs you plan to focus on!

Damien Riley January 1, 2010 at 11:55 am

Much success in 2010.
.-= Damien Riley´s last blog …CAN Blog Stats Summary 2009 =-.

derek January 4, 2010 at 12:18 am

Thanks Damien, and likewise to you!

Burton Snowboards January 6, 2010 at 3:55 am

Well one can only wish you good luck and much success in 2010 😉
.-= Burton Snowboards hopes you will read… Nitro Swindle Snowboard 2010 =-.

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:03 am

And the same to you. 🙂

Beth January 6, 2010 at 10:41 am

Happy 2010! Any new years resolutions? Personal or Blog?
Every year I say I want to eat healthier and it never happens. This year my resolution was to start a blog of my own and start some social networking to promote myself but I don’t think I’ll be capable.

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:05 am

Nope, I don’t really get into the resolutions and instead try to set goals for myself throughout the year and achieve them independently of any new year motivation. The thing I do in the new year is setup a new filing box for all of my financial records and prepare all of my spreadsheets to track the coming year. Sounds exciting, huh!?!?

Carico January 9, 2010 at 9:14 am

Sounds like you have been busy with some projects this year. I hope 2010 brings you much of the same. I love your part about relationships. They are the most important thing above all else. After all everyone is put in our life to teach us something.

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:06 am

Thanks Carico; the people is what makes all of the experiences worthwhile. I do have some things picking up steam for 2010 and it looks like it will be a terrific year. Wishing you the same.

renantech January 12, 2010 at 2:12 am

happy new year to all my more blessings and profit will come this year.
.-= renantech hopes you will read… The Greatest Means To Learn Cyberspace Marketing Strategies =-.

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:06 am

Likewise!

Elizabeth Gay January 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I wish yo luck for 2010! Keep blogging!

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:08 am

In some way or another, I will be actively involved in blogs throughout the year and will be trying to balance the behind the scenes work with some posting here as well. Thanks Elizabeth!

Topical January 15, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Well, don’t mean to sound sceptical, but same as last year, and the year before, and the year before….people always make some resolutions, resolutions about “how to get, how to have” for themselves, nothing about “giving” others….no wonder so many resolutions are broken.
.-= Topical hopes you will read… 7 Signs Of Toenail Fungus:Are You Infected? =-.

derek January 16, 2010 at 10:10 am

It is true that a great deal of resolutions are broken, and that is because people are making a resolution tied to the calendar and not the fact that they are really ready to change their lifestyle. One has to be accepting and ready for a change before it will stick and become a part of their lifestyle. I’ve struggled with that same thing myself over the years.
In my recent interview with Murray Newlands, he closed by asking what people can do for me. Did you see my answer? 😉

Topical February 8, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Yeah….I love that Kevin Spacey and Haley Joel Osment’s movie…”three big favors for three other people”, right? But that’s the problem man…it’s only in the movie. In real life there’s no such thing “good deed” good deeds…..there’s only “selfish” good deeds like Pheobe said to Joey….
.-= Topical hopes you will read… Zotrim Vs Alli: Which One Is The Best? =-.

Paz Vega February 2, 2010 at 1:52 pm

You seem very insightful! Thanks for the great advice that I will be using in my life. It seems that you have experienced so much in your life already and I would also want to open my horizon a little more to gain more experience in my life, thank you so much!