John's Web Design Is Really Crappy

by derek on October 5, 2010 · 18 comments

Every now and then you stumble across something entirely random and unexpected that makes you laugh. Sure, often times it involves juvenile humor, but isn’t that the best kind?
As an example of what I mean, take a look at this mention of Starbuck’s ass hairs.
With that I bring you the latest little nugget (err, maybe a bad choice of words considering the topic) that I found while searching for a domain name for a goofy idea discussed with my usual lunch suspects.

John's Crappy Web Design

How do you think John would feel about his web design business being lumped (damn, again not a good choice of words) in with these other domain names?
Sorry John!

Paul Sylvester October 5, 2010 at 3:04 pm

What service are you using to find domain names? I would love to use that service too. Looks like a good service!!

derek October 6, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for stopping by Paul. The screen shot is from the domain query tool on the Yahoo Small Business website. I typically use that for quick queries when I have a name in mind.
When I am brainstorming names, I usually jump over to BustaName.com as their tool is great for putting keywords together and seeing what is available. Then, when I am ready to register I pop over to 1and1.com (aff links on site) to register the domain as they include the private registration for one cost and that is my preference.

Tyre Shop Mobile October 7, 2010 at 9:13 am

Hello Derek,
I wonder how it would even come up with that suggestion… I am glad I am not the only one that looks for new crazy domains… I had a site that I was going to do which was danny’s daily blog of dannys daily log….
Never started it
Great read by the way love the site
Danny

derek October 7, 2010 at 9:50 am

Danny, thanks for stopping by. The group I have lunch with during the work week has a knack for sitting around and coming up with all types of crazy ideas, and some of them are just crazy enough to be worth making an effort to grab a domain and build a site. 🙂

Settlement Purchaser December 13, 2010 at 2:10 pm

How did you find the group that you are in. I am moving to a new area and want to get more involved with the locals that are interested in what I am.

derek December 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

The group that I referred to is a group of my co-workers. What area are you moving to?

John@buy food mixer October 11, 2010 at 6:18 am

Hi I have a quick question. How can I start my own company, I have A+ certification, experience in graphics design, web design. any ideas?

Martin Schlafzimmer October 21, 2010 at 3:50 am

Its not that difficult to get the suggester creating such kind of weird results.
Remember myself a few years ago when “George Bush” typed in Google you found some sites referring to crap and shit. Thats called a Google bomb, funny thing quite though.

اغاني عراقيه November 6, 2010 at 11:11 am

Richard, Leeds Web Designer November 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I don’t think it’s a Google bomb-type thing, but rather simply that “John” is a synonym for “Toilet”, and they must have art/web design/style as synonyms too.

Consolidation of Student Loan November 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm

That is weird how he came up as a suggestion. it has nothing to do with toilet art? curious.

Mitchell Allen November 19, 2010 at 10:21 am

Derek, first off, congratulations on the Blackhawks gig. As a Flyers fan, I oughta…ah, nevermind.
Now about johnsweb. Maybe I’m stating the obvious, but Yahoo obviously equates the water closet with toilet and “john”.
Makes you wonder what would happen if you searched for “hookerbait.com”
{wanders over to Yahoo…whistling…} W00t! It’s available! Any fly fishers in the house?
Finally, I’d like to thank you for sharing BustaName.com. It’s way more convenient than my Excel spreadsheet 🙂
Cheers,
Mitch

derek November 19, 2010 at 10:29 am

Mitchell, thanks for the note about the Blackhawks gig! I forgive you for being a Flyers fan. 😉
You’re right regarding the correlation between the “john” and the toilet, but that isn’t good news for anyone named John starting a web design business. Ha.
Glad you found BustaName.com useful and that I was able to point you in that direction. It is always nice to be able to share useful tools and services with others.

san diego airport car rental December 1, 2010 at 8:00 am

Thank you for sharing BustaName.com, it is excellent.

Settlement Purchaser December 13, 2010 at 2:09 pm

That is too funny. I can’t believe he got lumped with that.

Brian Kinkade@boulder homes August 7, 2011 at 9:50 am

Thanks for mentioning BustaName.com. This can definitely be of use to me. Appreciate it!

Isaac Johnson April 19, 2012 at 10:14 am

Thanks for this excellently written article, I really enjoyed it.