Number One Bestseller On Amazon

by derek on January 5, 2012 · 135 comments

Take a stroll down memory lane and you will recall that I published my first Kindle book titled Dad, can we… 45 Ways to be the Dad Your Kids Need last summer.
After the initial announcement about the book, I didn’t do a whole lot with it outside of tell some family and friends about it. Then I kind of let it sit on Amazon, hoping that people would buy it and like it. They would talk about it and more people would buy it, and before long I’d be retiring. Right!
Well, as you can imagine the book didn’t do too much.
Sold a few copies here and there, but generally was not the golden nest egg I dreamed about.
Until now…

#1 Bestseller

At this moment my book is now the #1 Bestseller in the Fatherhood category on the Kindle!
Yeah, you heard me right…see for yourself.

Amazon Bestseller

Zoinks!
As much as I’d like to take credit for nailing the #1 spot all on my own, I do owe a great deal to a Kindle Ninja that I was fortunate it enough to meet recently and he allowed me to pick his brain a little.
Combined with some ninja secret sauce of my own, I crushed it!
Have you bought a copy yet?
You can buy it here!
Oh, and leave me a review!;)

Jacko January 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Hey man many thanks for writing your book I know that advise like that will help our community. What we need more than anything else is dads.

derek January 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for the comment. As the dad to two young (although damn they’re getting old fast) boys, it is of the utmost importance to me to be a positive role model to them as a dad so they know how to act if they have kids of their own.
Beyond my own boys, I’m hopeful that I am able at some point to impact at least one dad / child relationship in a positive way.

Ivan Lead January 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm

First of all I got interested in your book ’cause of these words of its name)) as my boy grew up a bit(now he is 12) it seems to be his favorite phrase: dad, can I… do this, go there and so on and so on…
SO I think there is something to read)))

derek January 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm

As dads we need to do everything we can to keep hearing those words from our kids… Too many “No” or “Later” replies will expedite the day when our kids have moved on to their own things and no longer have time to do those things.
We need to do our part to give them a lifetime of memories from their childhood.

Kelvin Kao January 6, 2012 at 2:25 am

Awesome! Gonna get it when I get a Kindle.

derek January 6, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Thanks Kelvin!

Kelvin Kao January 19, 2012 at 4:50 am

And… my Kindle is on its way! 🙂

derek January 19, 2012 at 7:23 am

Awesome…did you get a Fire?

Kelvin Kao January 24, 2012 at 2:20 am

Actually, no. I already have an iPad but I think I’d rather read on E-ink than LCD screen.

derek January 24, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I hear you Kelvin…I really enjoy my Kindle and prefer that for reading eBooks (although to be fair I don’t have an iPad to use as a comparison).

Kelvin Kao January 26, 2012 at 1:17 am

Just got my Kindle today. Guess what my first purchase is. 😉

Jack@Cheap PS3 January 6, 2012 at 9:14 am

That’s great. Congrats on landing on the best seller’s list! I’m nowhere near my own time of fatherhood, lol, but I’m gifting it to my uncle who’s a ‘brand new’ daddy. 😀
All the best with future sales

derek January 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Appreciate the feedback and the gifting! Just be sure to make him let you borrow it (or you can get your own copy ) if you do get closer to your time of fatherhood.

Settlement Purchaser January 7, 2012 at 1:02 pm

That is Awesome Derek! Way to go that is a huge accomplishment.

derek January 8, 2012 at 1:00 am

Thanks for the kind words!

Settlement Purchaser January 11, 2012 at 11:30 am

Interesting thing i read the other day, A girl who couldn’t get anyone to publish her book, she put it on Amazon and now is one of the best sellers. Amazon is great.

derek January 11, 2012 at 11:39 am

There are people making millions, or close to it…Amanda Hocking, John Locke, J.A. Konrath are probably the most well known.

Settlement Purchaser January 16, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Cool, I will have to check them out. I love finding jems like that.

Leoan@Laptop For College January 8, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I am still not a dad, but I wish I could find the book right after I became.
Congratulations!

derek January 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm

You could get a copy now and save it for when you become a dad! 😉 Thanks!

megan January 8, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Wish i can have one of that book..I know it’s really beautiful that can help in improving one’s personality.

Property Marbella January 9, 2012 at 10:46 am

Congratulations to the success, I’m a dad and the book should I have read some 30 years ago.

derek January 9, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Thanks for the note!

Gail Gardner January 9, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Big congratulations, Derek. THIS is the kind of thing I wish you would tell me about so I can share it when it is brand new and hot!
AND isn’t there any other way people can buy your book? Could you put it on eJunkie and let us buy and promote it in ebook form from there (or is there some exclusive contractual agreement with Kindle that precludes doing that)?

derek January 9, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Thanks Gail. I guess this is one of those things where I tend to not want to toot my own horn too much, and when I do I try to keep even that a little low key. 🙂
Currently there is no other way to buy the book as it is only available on Amazon. At some point in the future, I may revisit that and make it available via other channels. I’ll be sure to let you know if that happens.

Debi J January 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Derek,
I’m not a dad (well, technically as a single mom I am so I DO get a card on Father’s Day) 😛 and I don’t own a Kindle.
But I DO follow Tiff and found out about this new Top Seller status ya got goin’ on here so I wanted to stop by and congratulate you. That just absolutely rocks!!
Debi J
PS. Would also love to know more on how you got it there. 🙂

derek January 9, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Debi,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting! And kudos to you for wearing both hats with your children!
I left a comment on Tiff’s blog about a course that provided me some additional tips on marketing your books on the Kindle but I believe that today is the last day to buy it. It was on the Warrior Forum here (aff link).
Oh, and just another note for everyone…you don’t have to have a Kindle to read Kindle books. They have an app that you can use on your PC / Apple machine, as well as smart phones, iPad, iPod, etc.
Thanks again for stopping by!

Alison Croeck January 10, 2012 at 12:36 am

Congratulations to you!
I started to get curios about your book, maybe I could get my husband a copy of it. I’m sure he’ll like it as others did. I am not a dad but I think I will buy some time to read it. I’ll go to your link, thanks!

derek January 10, 2012 at 1:18 am

Thanks Alison! As a note, I know a few moms that have read it as well and felt that the a lot of the ideas apply equally to moms or dads.
If you do pick up a copy, please try to share your feedback as a review on Amazon to help other moms and dads that think about buying it. 🙂

Bethany@Get Him Back January 10, 2012 at 5:01 am

Wow Derek, number 1 in the Fartherhood category, that’s impressive. I guess this represents some nice on-going passive income, inspires me to look further into the Kindle book market.

derek January 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Bethany, thanks for the note. Until recently the book was only selling a few copies here and there, so there wasn’t much of a passive income to speak of. There has been a nice bump though but at a price of $0.99 it would take a lot more to be significant money.
But overall the Kindle market is huge, and there is a ton of opportunity there for people that want to seize it. For those that just want to write and collect money, but not do all of the other work, check out Teague Publishing for help. They are new but have 2 bestselling books already.

Jane@bad credit loans January 10, 2012 at 6:38 am

That was a huge accomplishment, Congratulation Derek I want to read you kindle book.

derek January 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Thanks, you can read it by jumping right over to Amazon using that link in the right sidebar. 😉
Of course you can go there and just read the sample too.

Robert@p90x January 10, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Congratulations on the success of your book Derek. I was around when your released your book a year ago. It’s exciting to see how it has risen to the top.

derek January 11, 2012 at 11:40 am

Thanks Robert! It has been an exciting experience, but honestly the best part is some of the feedback that I’ve received from people that read it. That was the whole reason that I put that together.

Jean @ Used Tires January 12, 2012 at 5:32 am

Wow, very cool, Derek. Congrats on the success of your book. I’m sure it will sell a lot of copies as I’m sure every father would love to read it and try to be a better role model and mentor to their kids.
-Jean

derek January 15, 2012 at 2:31 am

Thanks Jean! It will be free of charge on Sunday the 15th if you want to grab a copy. Be sure to leave a review on Amazon if you do check it out. 🙂

Chris@Alpha Sexual Power January 13, 2012 at 12:08 am

Yo Derek,
congrats on the #1 spot man that’s awesome… Kindle is cool because who doesn’t have 99 cents to spend on a book! You just gotta make something a million people want to spend a buck on, and kablow! Millionaire time!

derek January 15, 2012 at 2:33 am

Price is going up to $2.99 now…but it will be free for one more day. So now I only need about 500,000 people to buy it!

Samantha@Savvy Women January 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

Congrats on the succes. Why stop at Kindle and release this for iPad as well!

derek January 15, 2012 at 2:35 am

Thanks Samantha!
It is available on the iPad right now. If you use the Kindle app for the iPad (or other devices such as iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, Blackberry) you can get a copy and read it right there.
It’s free on the 15th! Just leave a review. 😉

Mark@Free iPhone January 15, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I’m not a dad, so I won’t be needing this. But congrats on this achievement! 🙂

derek January 18, 2012 at 1:07 am

Thanks Mark…but I’m sure you know a few dads that could use a copy, right?!? 😉

andy@Atlanta appliance repair January 16, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You are so lucky to have had some marketing help. Many of us write Kindle books expecting that being on Amazon will handle all the marketing load, only to find that we sell less than 10 books that way.

derek January 18, 2012 at 1:08 am

Very true…Amazon is a powerful marketing machine but that doesn’t mean everything comes easily. Do you have any Kindle books published right now?
Give a shout to Teague Publishing if you need a hand…

Brid from prepaid wifi January 16, 2012 at 8:37 pm

What’s the secret sauce for getting to the top in Amazon? Come on, share it….or at least part of it. 🙂 That’s so cool you’re number one. That’s flipping huge!!!!
-Brid

derek January 18, 2012 at 1:10 am

Mwahahahah! A ninja never reveals his secrets! I’ve provided a few tips here and there, not blatantly but they are there. 😉
Now, huge would be getting #1 on all of Amazon not just in my designated category!

Jeanine January 17, 2012 at 1:33 am

Looking forward to read the book that you write..Hope you can share more great books..

derek January 18, 2012 at 1:10 am

You mean wrote… 😉

Michael Kwan January 18, 2012 at 12:36 am

Nice work, my fellow author! 🙂 Conquering the world, one word at a time.

derek January 18, 2012 at 1:12 am

Thanks Michael! Unlike you I don’t have that tangible book that you can hold in your hands and leaf through the pages (although been thinking of doing Create Space) but it has still been a great experience.

Adrian@Panoramic Universal Ltd. January 18, 2012 at 6:30 am

That’s something much unique thing for you Derek, congrats for getting your book in bestseller for the fatherhood category. I can say one thing i.e. You would have taken lots of patience to get your Book on such profitable stage. That’s Great! Would love to hear from you regarding your next Title/Topic of your Forthcoming Book , if you are planning to write a new one! Who knows, again your book may outdo other ones!

derek January 19, 2012 at 7:20 am

I am planning more books in this niche but I haven’t come up with a title yet. I have released another book under a pen name and it too is doing fairly well. That book is in the area of personal finances.

CasandraHenrich January 18, 2012 at 11:43 am

Hi Derek! This is such a great accomplishment! Congratulations… You deserve this since you are a good writer. I’l make sure to read this. Thank you.

derek January 19, 2012 at 7:21 am

Hi Casandra! Thanks for the feedback!

Arjee January 19, 2012 at 1:02 am

Congrats Derek! You are really number one! Hitting the number 1 spot is very hard to achieve. You’ve got it man! Keep it up!

derek January 19, 2012 at 7:21 am

Thanks Arjee! Now the trick is to duplicate that on future titles!

Jian | Letterhead Printing January 20, 2012 at 12:09 am

Wow. Congratulations! I got to browse your book a few months ago and I can say that is very well-written. You deserve to be in the top spot. 🙂

Sebastian January 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

That is a great acheivement. Congrats! I read the excerpt and sounds great. These days everyone is busy working and working and it is hard to find time to spend with family. It is imperative to take out some time to have fun with family and talk with them.
Looks like Prime members can read your book for free. Lucky me! I can read it for free.

derek January 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Indeed, prime members can get the book for free! Let me know what you think if you check it out.

Stan@Michigan Insurance Companes January 25, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Holy crap!!! Nice work dude. Did you see a nice spike in sales?

derek January 25, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Thanks! Yeah, sales popped from about one or two a month to anywhere from 1-5 per day roughly.

selman akay January 25, 2012 at 5:56 pm

thanks…

VanceMiller@Maryland Home Loans January 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Congrats on the book ranking. I’m going to have to check it out. I my kids like to spend time just hiking with me which allows me time to chat with them about whats going on in their life.

derek January 30, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Thanks! Let me know what you think if you check it out.
Great to hear you enjoy hiking; some of our best family vacations have been in the national parks hiking through the mountains and trails.

Dan O'Donnell@Positive Atmosphere January 31, 2012 at 4:00 am

I’ve been thinking lately about what a great Dad mine is. I don’t think I appreciated it til recently, all the things he did with me, hikes, fishing, museums etc. I’m curious what’s in this secret sauce of yours, I know a couple authors with good books that are somewhat dormant at the moment. Congrats on your success.

Property Marbella February 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Will not it be more articles in this blog, or do you simply write books nowadays?

derek February 1, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I am currently evaluating whether I want to use the blog as a vehicle to supplement my books or keep it more in the direction it had been going with posts on various topics. But I’ve also been extremely busy on a few new books and signing a new author to a contract to publish her novel.

Property Marbella February 6, 2012 at 5:42 am

I understand it a bit too much sometimes with too many projects at once.

Chris February 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm

That’s awesome Derek. Goes to the show the power of patience….as well as quality. I need to buy your book.
-Chris

derek February 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Thanks Chris! Let me know what you think if you pick up a copy.

John Cooper February 2, 2012 at 3:07 am

This is a great guide to be a good father. That’s what a child want from his father.
If you are stuck in a rut and feel “disconnected” from your children, get this book. It has answers – a lot of them. REAL answers to help you in your day to day quest to be the best Father you can be while your children need you desperately. Pay attention….life slips by super fast.

derek February 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Appreciate the feedback John! It is amazing how time does slip by and it might not be readily apparent at the time but the impact of that is huge. We as dads need to be involved in our kid’s life and let them know just how important they are, as the rewards of doing so will last a lifetime.

Lance February 2, 2012 at 5:04 am

I think their industrial products are pretty weird sometimes. I’ve seen high tech machinery and equipment stretching over $10,000. Hard to imagine anyone would buy this, outside of business owners or total fanatics. And would a business owner really purchase their goods off of Amazon?

Jean @ Used Tires February 2, 2012 at 5:12 am

I think they might. Not directly from Amazon but from the other sellers who are also listed on each item’s page. I’ve seen some amazing offers from those sellers. Surely Amazon gets a cut from that but it still works out pretty well.
-Jean

Matt Walker February 2, 2012 at 6:19 am

Thanks for such a interesting post.. Keep posting…

derek February 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Thanks Matt!

Stan@michigan insurance companies February 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

Nice read had my brother in law get it

Stan@michigan insurance companies February 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

Oh…. He liked it too

derek February 2, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Cool, thanks Stan! Always happy to hear feedback on the book.

aaml February 7, 2012 at 12:36 am

Maja@fantastic sams February 7, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Congratulation to you
Popularity requires a lot of time that you will sure get.

Miki February 10, 2012 at 3:01 am

Amazing derek! Gonna get it when I get a Kindle.

Mahipal Singh February 12, 2012 at 7:19 am

after reading all the comments on this post
i will now read the book

Arte y Libros February 12, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Really a good book, good blog!

Eren Mckay February 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Congratulations on being a best seller Derek!
So…. I really want to know what this Kindle Ninja secret is and is there an ebook that will teach me this secret 😉 ?
All the best,
Eren

derek February 14, 2012 at 7:21 am

Thanks Eren! I’ve released a guide with a number of tips that I’ve utilized, which you can find here, along with a tip that was learned in another Kindle guide that is currently no longer available.
In my guide, I do mention another offering from a well respected person, Dennis Becker, that is running a case study to follow along as he takes a book from $0 to $2000 per month (or at least that is his goal).

Eren Mckay February 17, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Hi Derek sounds like a great ebook. Will be buying it as soon as I get back home. (I’m at my brother’s home out of state).
I’ll let you know what I think of it.
All the best,
Eren

derek February 20, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Thanks Eren! I will certainly be interested to hear what you think. Hope you’re having a good time visiting your brother!

Judy H Wright-Auntie Artichoke February 14, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hello from Montana,
Hey Derek, we need to talk. I am a parent educator and international speaker on family issues. When you click on my name above, you will be led to my Amazon site.
I am going to be loading another 15 books as soon as the covers are done.
All original content and excellent advice and guidance.
How would you like to be iterviewed on my radio show and maybe work together on a couple of parenting projects which will get the message out there about how important dads or a strong male figure are to growing kids?
Contact me at 406-549-9813 and we will talk.
Judy Helm Wright aka Auntie Artichoke

derek February 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

Judy,
Thank you for reaching out to me! I will take a look at your books and look forward to seeing the new titles that you are going to release.
I will give you a call, most likely tomorrow when I am home (have Wednesdays off), and we can discuss things. I tend to be extremely shy but I would be up for doing an interview as this topic is extremely important to me. In addition, I would love to explore the possibility of working together on parenting projects!
Thanks,
Derek

Miki February 16, 2012 at 3:06 am

Nice read had my brother in law get it

Miki February 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Actually it is nice book…..I had read it in one sitting.

Isaac B. February 22, 2012 at 8:18 am

Amazing book. I own a copy of it myself.

Kevin February 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

That is a huge accomplishment. Next up the New York Times Bestseller list. Congrats!

Janice@Playstation 4 February 23, 2012 at 7:05 am

Writing about affiliate marketing… Books on fatherhood… You are one busy guy! I applaud you for finding the time, motivation, AND energy in accomplishing all of this. Keep up the good work!

Jaysee Blabs February 26, 2012 at 1:07 am

Congratulations! Gotta go own a kindle then…

Stan @ Michigan Insurance Companies March 14, 2012 at 9:46 am

What is your “content so hot you’ll freak” based on. Are these the most visited pages?

derek March 15, 2012 at 12:24 am

Yep, based on total number of visits for each post.

Yuva @ gifts to india March 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

Hi Derek amazon products are very good and i love to buy it…. thanks…….

Kent @ Niche Marketing Tips March 18, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Derek, Congrats on being #1 Bestseller in the Fatherhood!
There are so many ways to be profit from Amazon. Keep it up! I look forward to your next book launch.

Dan@Marco Island Real Estate March 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Congrats, Derek!! That’s huge!! I’d grab a copy but I’m not in your demographic…no kids.

Albert Leonardo @ How to Whiten Teeth April 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

Congratz Derek!! You got 5 Stars Review!! I am going to grab one since I am getting married soon 😀 Thanks for sharing.

Steve@Capital Of Canada April 5, 2012 at 10:08 am

Hey, that’s fantastic – you’re still ranked number 11, and you have excellent reviews!

Jeremy Ruggles @ Internet Marketing Tips April 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Hey Derek,
That’s great that you were able to conquer the fatherhood niche on Amazon. Kindle books are hot and a great way to make some money from what I have been seeing. I hope to be able to get into it myself soon.
Thanks,
~Jeremy

Malachi Svetson April 15, 2012 at 12:42 am

I am personally convinced that book reviews and an accessible price point are the best sales tactics for selling bulk fiction ebooks, providing the book and cover are good enough in the first place.
These two novels seem to prove the point. The Abbey has 507 reviews on Amazon averaging 4.5 stars and Mill River Recluse has 667 reviews averaging 4 stars. I have seen with Pentecost how Amazon’s sales algorithm kicks in when reviews start to pile up so this should be one of any authors main marketing tactics.
So what’s the point in building an author platform?
Your platform helps you get reviews. It also starts the ball rolling with sales as you have an audience ready to buy the book when it’s available. It’s also support for the journey and a great way to network. I wouldn’t do without my online platform and friends but I’ll definitely be focusing on reviews for 2012. I’ll share my research here as always!

Sara April 18, 2012 at 1:34 am

Congratulations on being No.1 bestseller on amazon. I like buying from Amazon.

Antoha April 18, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Congratulations! Thank you.

jack@fishing boats April 19, 2012 at 3:12 am

Congratulations. Well done on achieving so much!

grundfos April 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Wow that is great, may I know what kind of marketing strategy you applied for other than strong product quality (other than high quality content)?

NewLaunch.Com.Sg@Property April 30, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Congratulations to you becoming top seller! WIll grab it soon =)

Anita@Brazilian Wax Video May 1, 2012 at 5:12 am

What an INCREDIBLE achievement, Derek! I’m freaking at the idea of being #1 for even one of the keywords that I’m targeting for my niche site, letalone being a number 1 bestseller! Congratulations! 🙂
Anita. xx

johnny May 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Congrats! Looks like I finally should buy an kindle now everyone seems to have one!

Nicole May 3, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thanks for your post. Really interesting Derek

Dave@New Launch Guru May 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Turn out my wife bought this book on her kindle before. I need and going to spend more time with my daughter while I still can.

Cecilio May 21, 2012 at 9:31 am

Congratulation!. You can achieve when you believe!

Funny Travel - Anthony The Travel Tart August 16, 2012 at 10:57 pm

That’s great. I think I need to write a book myself and give Amazon a crack!

Jason Samson September 15, 2012 at 7:48 am

Derek,
Congratulation! I’m not a kindle fan, but have you though about selling your book on Smashwords as well? I would love to buy and review it, but it has to be epub format and not the amazon format.
Cheers.

derek September 20, 2012 at 3:03 am

Jason, I have thought about publishing it on Smashwords as well but for the time being I have been keeping it exclusive to Amazon. I’ll have to revisit this and give it further consideration.
Thanks for stopping by!

Jeff September 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

Congratulations. My kindle book has sold 2 copies so far (after 7 months and after 12 years of writing)!

derek September 20, 2012 at 3:05 am

My book started extremely slow and was performing about the same as yours; it would sell a copy or two per month but nothing special.
My book really took off when I utilized some of the new features provided by Amazon and put into practice the tips I have shared in my Kindle Buyer Booster eBook that I have for sale on the Warrior Forum.
What is your book about Jeff?

Sam September 16, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I wish my father would have had this book when I was a child! Hahaha congratulations, I plan on buying this for a friend who is soon to become a father.

derek September 20, 2012 at 3:06 am

Thanks for the feedback Sam, and I think that would be a great idea to buy this for a friend that is about to enter the ranks of fatherhood. =)

Jenny@Coursework writing service September 18, 2012 at 2:11 am

Wow, thats really a big achievement Derek. A must read for all fathers 🙂

derek September 20, 2012 at 3:07 am

Thanks Jenny! It is also a great read for mothers, as I’ve received a ton of great feedback from moms as well. 🙂

marcus November 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

good deal derek, as a single father . I do appreciate your kindle book, looking forward to purchasing. We all can learn from one another. Plus amazon kindle is a great tool. thx again.

Megan November 4, 2012 at 10:38 am

Congrats Derek.

Martin Chriton@Free scroll saw patterns November 24, 2012 at 4:41 pm

While this thread is a little old, I just wanted to congratulate you on this achievement.
I’m about to be a father and found this blog through Amazon and Google searches. Thanks.

Lorien December 7, 2012 at 2:32 am

Congrats Derek! I think that is something that many authors would love to achieve!

james sahn May 18, 2013 at 10:24 am

Congratulations! That is no small achievement! Look forward to reading the book.

derek January 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Well, I know what I hope it is and for that I truly say thank you! I’m hopeful you will feel compelled to leave a review on Amazon to let others know what you think of the book too!

Kelvin Kao January 26, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I finished reading it in one sitting. I think I actually read faster on the Kindle than on paper. Interesting. I’ll go leave a review later!

derek January 30, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Something screwy happened with the comments here, but I look forward to hearing what you thought about the book.